Help on buying my first CLs

Apr 8, 2014
I've finally made the decision to buy my first pair of CLs! Now just a few ro*******s...

• So Kate 120mm, Pigalle 120mm (or 100mm?), or Fifi 120mm?
  • Leather, patent leather, or seude?
  • What size would a US 10 be? lol
There's also the problem that all 3 seem to be sold out. I'm completely new to CLs, so are these being phased out? I don't want to settle on my first just because it's available now.

Have you tried them on in person yet? It's important to see if you can tolerate the 120mm height without a platform. I find that I can wear 100mm all day without discomfort, but I can barely walk in 120mm. Beyond that, if you're getting your first pair, I'd say black patent So Kate or Pigalle (unless you really prefer the rounded front of Fifi). They're so Louboutin! You won't go wrong no matter what.

Many of these options are sold out right now because they're so in demand, not because they're being phased out. Keep looking and the Louboutin boutiques and the other stores that carry them keep getting in new stock. But buy quickly because they sell out quickly.

Good luck, and I'll look forward to you posting whatever you choose to buy :woohoo::woohoo:

I can't really help much, but I wanted to let you know that those three styles are classic styles and aren't being phased out, instead they're just sold out due to demand. They periodically get restocked (and usually have new colors come out every season) so it's just best to keep checking or asking a sales associate at a boutique to put you on a waitlist. Good luck and enjoy whichever pair you get!! :smile:

I'm glad to hear they're not being phased out. I just wish I could try a pair on at the store to 1) get a feel for which one I really like and 2) determine my size.

I'll probably go with either the So Kate or Pigalle since @PurseACold mentioned they're "so Louboutin" :smile: I definitely want something iconic!

What are you going to use them for?

I would choose the Pigalle 100 in nude or black patent. They are sexy and versatile but wearable. For me the 120s only work as car to restaurant/party shoes, I can't walk anywhere in them...

I wear size 8 in US brands (like Nine West or Jessica Simpson) and always 39 in EU shoes. UK 6. Some people say that 8 is 38 but I don't find that to be true. In Louboutins I wear 39 (or 39.5 if they run small), so I would say that a 10 would be a CL TTS 40.5 or 41.

Hmm I wear a 10 in NineWest for example and my most comfortable CL size is 41.5. I do own some styles in 41 and a few really small-to-size ones in 42.
For the question about material, personally I love kid leather it's so soft and also stretches better if I get a 41. But most people go for the patent because it's more durable, more "dressy" and maybe sexier.
For your first question I would really suggest you try something on, both because you need to see how you do on the 120mm heel and also which type of toe you like with your personal style of dressing. For me, that I also wear trousers, I find Pigalle looks nice and the classic Decollette868

Hmm I wear a 10 in NineWest for example and my most comfortable CL size is 41.5. I do own some styles in 41 and a few really small-to-size ones in 42.
For the question about material, personally I love kid leather it's so soft and also stretches better if I get a 41. But most people go for the patent because it's more durable, more "dressy" and maybe sexier.
For your first question I would really suggest you try something on, both because you need to see how you do on the 120mm heel and also which type of toe you like with your personal style of dressing. For me, that I also wear trousers, I find Pigalle looks nice and the classic Decollette868

Finally someone who wears a US 10! lol Do you by chance have the So Kate or Pigalle? I did try on what I believe to be a 41 in a different CL that was a peep toe, and it was too small. I'll probably be like you and opt for the 41.5.

Finally someone who wears a US 10! lol Do you by chance have the So Kate or Pigalle? I did try on what I believe to be a 41 in a different CL that was a peep toe, and it was too small. I'll probably be like you and opt for the 41.5.

Personally I don't favour the very pointy toes of the likes of SoKate, so I've bought and returned it three times so far, but my correct size in SoKate is 41.5
For the current Pigalle 120mm (and 100mm) I also need the 41.5. I own a couple of Pigalles 120mm pre-2014 which were different in sizing (they used to run large) and I bought the 41 for those. Since you will be buying now though, you need to get your true CL size.
As for the New Simple that you mentioned I have the size 41 (in kid) but I would have been more comfortable (width-wise) in 41.5 particularly if I had bought patent.
My foot is average-to-wide and I have a high arch, heel normal.
You will also need to take into account if you will end up wearing your CLs with or without stockings/hose.

Personally I don't favour the very pointy toes of the likes of SoKate, so I've bought and returned it three times so far, but my correct size in SoKate is 41.5
For the current Pigalle 120mm (and 100mm) I also need the 41.5. I own a couple of Pigalles 120mm pre-2014 which were different in sizing (they used to run large) and I bought the 41 for those. Since you will be buying now though, you need to get your true CL size.
As for the New Simple that you mentioned I have the size 41 (in kid) but I would have been more comfortable (width-wise) in 41.5 particularly if I had bought patent.
You will also need to take into account if you will end up wearing your CLs with or without stockings/hose.

Thank you so much for your help! I will just have to call my local Saks and see if they can call me when a pair of So Kates come in at 41.5.

Yes good point, when wearing stockings I need half a size smaller, otherwise the shoes fall off. :P

I'm also on the hunt for my very first pair of CLs! I've had a few failed attempts via ebay, so am going to bite the bullet and buy from Saks or similar. I'm hoping to secure the Pigalle in black patent in the 100, but I can only find the 85 at the moment - I'll hold out…for now. :smile: I'd really like some guidance as to sizing since I live in Australia and nowhere near a CL stockist to try these on in any style. I typically wear a US 9/EU italian 39. I have a very narrow foot and ankle. In Brian Atwood/Gucci, HIGH heels, with peep-toes, stroppy sandals, booties, I'm a 39. However, with non-designer shoes, like Tony Bianco, I vary from a 9-9.5 to the occasional 10, and with Steve Madden, similar closed toe, pointed heels, are a 10. HELP please!!! Thanks in advance ladies. xx