Help on brand new Neverfull DE straps

Sonmi999

Backpack lover
Jul 4, 2016
Hello!

I purchased a Neverfull MM in damier ebene a few days ago and I haven't used it yet. I just noticed the bottom parts of the back strap are quite wrinkled. Aesthetically speaking, I don't care about this at all, but I fear this might lead to cracking in the future. Should I try to exchange it for another one? It's perfect otherwise. It doesn't seem to be a return or anything of the sort and the date code is from 2017.
TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_5911.JPG
    IMG_5911.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 967
  • IMG_5912.JPG
    IMG_5912.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 1,101
From my experience, that's pretty normal for this bag. Do a search, there's tons of posts about this flaw in the Neverfull DE
I'm familiar with the cracking issue -- I was obsessed about this when I bought my NF GM in DE. I read all existing threads about this and even opened one myself, if I'm not mistaken. However, I haven't seen much about wrinkling on the straps of new bags... if it's normal, then I'm okay with it :smile: I was just worried that the premature wrinkling could lead to earlier cracking. Thanks!

Hello!

I purchased a Neverfull MM in damier ebene a few days ago and I haven't used it yet. I just noticed the bottom parts of the back strap are quite wrinkled. Aesthetically speaking, I don't care about this at all, but I fear this might lead to cracking in the future. Should I try to exchange it for another one? It's perfect otherwise. It doesn't seem to be a return or anything of the sort and the date code is from 2017.
TIA!

I don't think this is normal for a brand new neverfull. I've had my DE neverfull for 6.5 years and the straps showed wrinkling and cracking at the base after around 20 uses. I don't feel that 20 very gentle uses would warrant cracking, so I brought it back to LV. I got the straps replaced a few months ago and haven't used the bag since. Currently there is no wrinkling at all on the "new" straps.

I'm familiar with the cracking issue -- I was obsessed about this when I bought my NF GM in DE. I read all existing threads about this and even opened one myself, if I'm not mistaken. However, I haven't seen much about wrinkling on the straps of new bags... if it's normal, then I'm okay with it :smile: I was just worried that the premature wrinkling could lead to earlier cracking. Thanks!

Well your best bet is to take it in to LV and see what they say (if you are close to a store)!

It is normal if someone has bent the handles outward. When I bought mine, I rejected one because it already had these wrinkles on one side and the SA I dealt with got so annoyed with me. I didn't care because I wanted all the wrinkles to be from my own use and not someone else.

Reactions: handbagjunkie00
This looks defective to me. I just looked at my 3 year old DE NF GM and the straps where they meet the base are smooth with no wrinkling like in the photos. It does look like someone bent them back and forward or it was stored improperly. I would take it back and if you exchange, make sure the entire straps are smooth with no wrinkles.

If I were you, I would not return it.

I say this (kindly) because I know that you've had to return a handful of items in a fairly short time period. I'd be concerned that corporate may look upon this unfavorably and, worst case scenario, a do-not-sell may come your way. That would just be my fear if I were in your position.

Thank you all, ladies! I got this solved today. I just exchanged it for another Neverfull in DE and this one seems perfect. Problem solved :smile:
@mrsinsyder, I understand what you're saying! However, it doesn't apply to purchases made in my country, because we can't return here, only exchange. Even the bags I returned because of defects were exchanged for other ones... there was only one situation when I got store credit (which I spent partially on this Neverfull, btw). So I definitely understand how they could be wary of me if I returned a lot of items, but that's not really the case, they never lose the money... only I do, lol :P

Thank you all, ladies! I got this solved today. I just exchanged it for another Neverfull in DE and this one seems perfect. Problem solved :smile:
@mrsinsyder, I understand what you're saying! However, it doesn't apply to purchases made in my country, because we can't return here, only exchange. Even the bags I returned because of defects were exchanged for other ones... there was only one situation when I got store credit (which I spent partially on this Neverfull, btw). So I definitely understand how they could be wary of me if I returned a lot of items, but that's not really the case, they never lose the money... only I do, lol :P

Ah, I see. I'd still be careful - I'm sure each swap gets rung into the computer and I've heard of customers (at my store, and there was one on the forum once) who get a letter direct from corporate kindly suggesting they shop elsewhere, LOL. Glad you got it resolved!

Ah, I see. I'd still be careful - I'm sure each swap gets rung into the computer and I've heard of customers (at my store, and there was one on the forum once) who get a letter direct from corporate kindly suggesting they shop elsewhere, LOL. Glad you got it resolved!
Oh, yes, all the exchanges are certainly registered under my name! You're right, that's a bit dangerous, I'm positive that I'm one of their most indecisive clients ever! [emoji23] Fortunately I'm pretty bag content right now and don't intend to shop there for quite a while! :lol:

Oh, yes, all the exchanges are certainly registered under my name! You're right, that's a bit dangerous, I'm positive that I'm one of their most indecisive clients ever! [emoji23] Fortunately I'm pretty bag content right now and don't intend to shop there for quite a while! :lol:
Ha, I don't believe you at all!

Did you get the Iena?

Reactions: Sonmi999
Ha, I don't believe you at all!

Did you get the Iena?
Unfortunately not, it hasn't arrived here yet... but it's definitely on my mental wishlist! I'll give it some months before I seriously start thinking about purchasing it. Until then, I'll accept I'll be bankrupt if I purchase another bag :lol: I'll try to live vicariously through others and just enjoy my Neverfull ;)

If I were you, I would not return it.

I say this (kindly) because I know that you've had to return a handful of items in a fairly short time period. I'd be concerned that corporate may look upon this unfavorably and, worst case scenario, a do-not-sell may come your way. That would just be my fear if I were in your position.

Whaaaat? I guess you learn something new everyday! Lol! I had no idea they did this. Sorry to bring back a dead thread but I was searching this because my straps are insanely wrinkled as well on my new DE neverfull but they have already had to exchange it once so I figured I would just deal because straps can be replaced anyways. Ive seen some people on here say they have exchanged an item several times. I guess it all depends on the individual SA/ store. Good to know!