Help! Not sure about my upgrade...

pquiles

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
I had been pining over a better quality ring guard b/c I couldn't keep my original clean. So for my anniversary my hubby decided to upgrade to what I thought I would prefer instead.
We bought two diamond bands to compliment My E-ring... but although they're gorgeous, I am always irritated that I have to keep fighting/fixing them so the diamonds are showing and not the back of the bands. Now I'm thinking I should have gotten eternity bands instead.
I'm not so sure I did the right thing by trading up... :sad: I'm thinking of going back to Jewelry store and ask to get my old guard back.
Please render advice on which you think looks better... old set or new.
Here are my pics...
Original- Gorgeous, but the baggettes and my emerald cut center got dirty quickly..
ForumRunner_20130210_055620.png

1st change - Got a different guard. This sparkled more than my E-Ring and couldn't keep it centered
ForumRunner_20130210_060243.png

So we took the new guard back and got these instead.. .78 CT VVS clarity. Problem is... they are always turning on back side.
ForumRunner_20130210_060620.png

So... these are the eternity bands I am looking at to replace the above bands with.
ForumRunner_20130210_060856.png

ForumRunner_20130210_060933.png
Please provide feedback on which style looks best with my engagement ring. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I like the third pic the best - your e ring is channel set and the bands match, looks more together to me but you did say the bands turn so u should get the one that is comfortable! Good luck!

I think the 2nd one looks best but if the rings are constantly turning then that's a problem. Can you get an eternity that looks more like the ones in pic 2? Otherwise I would def just stick with the eternities as you don't want to be constantly playing with your rings.

1st one for sure. It's totally "match" your ering and sparkle "in balance" with it. We all know emerald and baguette cut is less sparkle than RB, so if you choose rb eternity ring guard it would easily take over the ering

The channel-set bands compliment your E-ring the best, in my opinion - more fluidity. Plus, the diamonds are more secure in that setting. Maybe channel-set eternity bands? Whatever you decide, they are all gorgeous!

Aesthetically I think they're all way too bulky and that the width and bulk may be part of the problem. A thinner band that is fitted to the ering with notches won't move and will be more flattering to the ring. You can't wear it alone but it will look right and fit better. If you're not happy with the new ones return them now and get yours back if you can. Or keep looking.

I like the channel set (maybe you can get it done with diamonds all the way around) or the last photos of the more traditional eternity bands (because I'm more partial to them). Either option will look great!

Channel set bands!!!! Or keep what you love and have them soldered together. I used to have two rings on the same finger and the spinning drove me crazy too. I want to see my diamonds not the back band!!!! So when DH upgraded mine recently he got me two separate rings and I wear the e ring which now has a very thick band as the setting on my left hand, and he bought me the match to that setting but a bit larger anniversary wedding band which I'm wearing on my right hand (see my avatar) No more spinning and I see diamonds at all times! I'm thrilled with these rings ! Good luck !!! Any bands you choose will be beautiful!

Hi Shoes!!:smile: As you can see, I'm still having difficulty making my mind up on anything... Lol!

Thank you all for your wonderful feedback. Design wise, I prefer the 1st setting b/c the guard adds interest, but the quality of the diamonds leaves much to be desired for me, plus after we purchased, we found out that it was a popular style at Zales. I ran into a couple of women who own the EXACT ring.
I will try and see if I can get back my original setting and then go on the search for channel set eternity bands of of the same quality (VS1-VS2, D-H). My E-ring is no longer made so I am a bit partial to keeping it until I can trade up. Speaking of trading....
Wish I could trade my diamonds up at any store... I'd be at the new Diamonds Direct in Austin pronto!