Help! Nordstrom sent me the same thing twice!! what do I do?

Jahpson

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
ok, so during their sale, I saw this really cute brown leather jacket. Not available online I tried my local Nordstrom.

They didn't have my size but another store did, so they did a charge send. I paid for the item and they told me it should be delivered to my house in a couple of days.

Days later I get a call from them saying that something went wrong and they would need my information again to charge my card (system went bad or something). I got back to them and the lady took my information and sent it through again.

Couple of days later I got my jacket. I thought everything was fine, until just now when I got home and I got another package from them. It was the same jacket!!

So now, I have two of the same jackets. what am I going to? I haven't checked to see if they charged me twice yet...

will they accept a charge send return at their store? Help me

yes, take back to the store, no problem. they will refund you.

i had a store send me the wrong item as a charge send, store took it back no problem. actually i didn't even have the receipt as the chicago store didn't even include one. it was no problem at all.

If you have the receipt that they sent in the box, that should be fine. Even if you don't have the receipt, there is a small sticker they put on the back of the tags. They can scan that and pick up the history.
It happened to me too...:shocked:

im never shopping at Nordstrom's again!!

a week ago I wanted one of their specials from the catalogue, some skin care. unfortunately there wasnt any in store so they recommended i do a charge send. Pay in store, and then it would be shipped to my house.

the lady told me I would get it in a few days. a week later still nothing. so I called to find out the status of the order.

I had to tell like 4 differnt people my story before they connected me to the skincare department!!! :anger:

Then the lady who finally spoke to me told me that there is no information over the transaction!! thank god i had the reciept.

but she told me that she still couldn't help me and then she asked me if I know who helped me. Hello????:confused1: I made the purchase last week, how am I suppose to remeber that?

Luckily i gave her what looked like the seller number. Then she puts me on hold for 15 minutes and the girl got on the phone.

She tells me that they NOW have the product in stores and if I want to repurchase it. I was about to hyperventilate because I checked my bank statement and they ALREADY charged me for a product I have not receieved and now she wants me to buy it again? :faints:

I told her that I already paid and signed for it so there was no need for it. She then agreed and asked me if I would like to pick it up in the store or have it mailed to my house. I told her that I want it mailed to my house like originally and so she said she would do so after she vertified my name and address!!!

wth!!!

eta: how cool that I have a "op" label next to my username!

Nordstrom usually has excellent customer service, however their ordering/shipping system may be a different story.

I've noticed lately that they seem to be low on stock in the stores, because they seem to be out of everything I ask about. They always offer to order and ship at no charge, but if I'm in the store I'd really rather buy it then and there.

I'm thinking they have cut back on their stock drastically because of the recession and have a limited supply in each store. It seems like they have a lot less on display and more of a sprinkling of this and that.

An example: I was there the morning of the first day of the Anniversary sale and was looking at their bags and picked one up to buy. They usually offer to get a new one from the back, and when the SA didn't offer I asked her about a new one and she said they only had the one. This happened with other things that day, either they only had one or just didn't have it in. Low on stock on the morning of their big sale of the year??? I've been shopping this Nordies for years and this is the first time it's been like this.

I've never had a problem with Nordstrom CS. Whenever I've had an issue, they've always sided with me, taken care of it quickly, and made sure I didn't have to pay for the mistake (even if it was my fault technically). They treat their customers waaaaay better than any other store I've shopped at!