HELP! NM ruined my bag! Need Proof of purchase of beige med. flap from '06 or '07.

ModaQueen

Mar 10, 2009
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/chanel-lambskin-flap-repair-please-help-568040-2.html

NM ruined my bag and the only way for me to solve the problem is to provide them with some proof of purchase of 2.55 Medium Flap in Beige from NM! I said that I didn't purchase it myself and my mom called the store to see if it was on here name... and we cannot find it! What if it was a gift and I'm no longer in contact with the person who bought it for me? I'm horrified and don't know what to do :cry: I might even have to go to court if I don't get some kind of proof of purchase... this is absolutely ridiculous...

So they repaired it without pop and ruined it but now need pop to do something more? As soon as they accepted bag for repair then they should be responsible

I'm so sorry... :sad: What a terrible situation to be in! I was thinking... Maybe you could search for the NM tag or examine the box for any references to NM?

In any case I don't really understand why you would need proof of purchase at NM...

So they repaired it without pop and ruined it but now need pop to do something more? As soon as they accepted bag for repair then they should be responsible

Precisely! THEY were the ones who ruined your bag so they should be the ones who replace it!!

I'm so sorry... :sad: What a terrible situation to be in! I was thinking... Maybe you could search for the NM tag or examine the box for any references to NM?

In any case I don't really understand why you would need proof of purchase at NM...

Precisely! THEY were the ones who ruined your bag so they should be the ones who replace it!!

That's what I thought! They didn't ask me for anything when I was sending the bag. However, since CHANEL was the one who actually ruined it, they want a proof of purchase from their store in order to come up with a new bag. At the same time, it was NM's fault because the SA didn't even read my instructions and failed to provide me with an accurate information on CHANEL's repair process. So, I cannot bring them a proof of purchase from CHANEL, it has to be NM's... Isn't it crazy????

U hit the target! That's the most unarguable statement to say because neiman waived whatever right it has, by accepting the bag without proof of purchase.

DO you guys think I should just go to court now? I really don't see why I should be going through searching the proof of purchase if they took responsibility by accepting it without any proof in the first place? I was hoping that maybe someone else purchased the same bag from Neimans in '06 or '07 and could let me use their proof since I already told the manager that I didn't purchase it myself. Even if I did, it would have been from the CHANEL boutique (which she doesn't know...). I only purchased 3 or 4 Chanel bags from NM and this one is NOT one of them. The manager was really rude too... and not helpful... She almost made me cry :sad:

Be strong. Talk to you lawyer friend and let him compose a letter using the law firm's heading, that you have exhausted all means yet neiman refuses to cooperate, and send it to them. Do not let big corp bully you by making u more confused asking for proof of purchase from neiman because it has no bearing with what they did to your bag. Red ipso loquitor the thing speaks for itself, no further evidence needed when right upfront they damaged your bag. As soon as they accepted it from you, their liability arose.

Amen to that! They also acknowledged it as a bag from them by accepting it in the first place no?? That's what I don't get--how can they come back and say NOW show me pop. Same thing happened on other thread--hello??!!??!!!??? I say ban NM. I personally am disgusted with them but for another reason.

Res ipso loquitor. That's your best argument. Remember: when they asked you for proof of purchase, it's already a recognition that they indeed ruined the bag, which entitles you to compensation. But nm is playing smart ass here by asking u for receipt, which you are not bound by law to present, as it has no bearing to the case, because they will in turn ask for reimbursement from Chanel. And that's neiman's problem, not yours, so proceed with the case.

That's awful I hope it works out for you. Proof of purchase how stupid, I don't understand the logic behind that, it's your bag one way or another and they're the ones who ruined it

Modaqueen - I am in tears. I am in the same situation. Without proof of purchase, they will be throwing the bag back to my face....Please let me know what you will be doing...

I think you need to be firm with them and explain this was a gift from many years ago and therefore a receipt is not available. A letter from a lawyer friend would help.

If this doesn't work, small claims court would be an option.