Help! NF vs. Galliera GM

Help! What is my new Spring/Summer Bag?

• Galliera GM in Damier Azur - So gorgeous!

• Galliera GM in Mono - So classic!

• Neverfull GM in Damier Azur - Perfect summer bag!

• Neverfull GM in Mono - So practical!

• Neverfull GM in Damier Ebene - Threw it in for fun!

Results are only viewable after voting.

chloe.chloe

i want them all
O.G.
Jun 10, 2008
I have completely done a 180 and am no longer going the Speedy route. With the help of your comments and your encouragement, I have been thinking. And thinking. And pouring over modeling pics. And I think I've decided on Galliera GM. But I love the Neverfull and it's half the price. And once I choose a style, do I go with classic Mono or the stunning Damier Azur?

I need you to shed some light. Please help! :wacko:

For me, hands down Galliera GM! I am biased because I have the Galliera GM and :heart: it. :graucho:

As far as damier or mono, you can no longer special order the galliera in damier ebene at this point so your only option would be the azur. While I love the azur when new, I dont think it will wear well. So I recommend the mono galliera GM. But if you choose the NF, I vote damier.

I'd go with the NF GM in Mono. Like you said, the Galliera is double the price of the NF. The Galliera looks great, too, but since I own the NF and not the Galliera, that which one gets my vote. I actually have the Damier Ebene NF, and it's really practical.

I have a NF MM and a Galliera GM in Azur. I don't think the azur wears very well, and it has its issues with color transfer on both bags (as do all the lighter prints). I'd definitely suggest mono, whichever route you go. I'd also suggest the NF over the Galliera. Like others, I've had some issues with mine, and (though I know there's a lot of love for the bag), I don't think it wears very well. Both the NF and the Galliera tend to show their age a bit more than some of the other bags, but at least the NF is half the price!

Azur Galliera! I love mine. It is such a stunning bag. I have had no issues with color transfer and the bag still looks new (I have had it for almost a year and use it frequently).

EDIT- I also have a NF MM in Ebene, which I love, but it is not as comfortable of a bag to carry as the Galliera and it is not nearly as pretty.

CMM ^^ Your Galliera is stunning. I love the Azur and think it's so gorgeous for the summer! But I've seen all the photos of Ashley Tisdale's Mono Galliera and I don't know - I just think it's so stunning. Also - I live in Connecticut. Is the Azur impractical for most of the year, then, knowing New England weather?

I have a NF MM and a Galliera GM in Azur. I don't think the azur wears very well, and it has its issues with color transfer on both bags (as do all the lighter prints). I'd definitely suggest mono, whichever route you go. I'd also suggest the NF over the Galliera. Like others, I've had some issues with mine, and (though I know there's a lot of love for the bag), I don't think it wears very well. Both the NF and the Galliera tend to show their age a bit more than some of the other bags, but at least the NF is half the price!

Interesting! What kind of issues have you and others had with the Galliera? I want to know both pros and cons about this bag. I've actually never seen one in person so I'm open to all your opinions before purchasing of course.

Interesting! What kind of issues have you and others had with the Galliera? I want to know both pros and cons about this bag. I've actually never seen one in person so I'm open to all your opinions before purchasing of course.

CMM's looks gorgeous! I wish mine looked like that or else I'd reconsider. I bought mine in February and have worn it twice. I got another bag at the same time, and the vache on that one is almost white still while on the Galliera it's turned orange-y, and I'm bothered by some of the dark marks left on the vache by the brass rings.

I don't know, though -maybe my experience isn't the norm if others still say it looks fine.