Help needed :)

Amachelle

May 9, 2014
Hi all,

I've just recently had some work done on my property and had to send all my lovely Mulberry's away to stay at someone else's house.

I sent them all in dustbags and the grey carriers - but now I've got them out at home they smell like that persons house (washing powder/dinner smell).

They used to smell lovely and leather-like but now all I can smell is this other persons house :sad: its not a strong or awful smell just not the Mulberry smell.

Should I just spray will collonil and air them out or any other tips? The smell is inside/outside and on the dustbags.

Thanks xx

best thing for getting rid of unwanted odours is bicarbonate of soda, I did this once with a smelly caravan fridge lol
worked a treat :biggrin:

I did try this before with a preloved bag and it seemed to work but then I kept smelling it again?

I feel so sad when I pick up my bays and willow this evening they will smell funky too :sad:

I also use a product called Equilyptus for my horses, it kills bacteria which is the source of most smells. It's great stuff and safe to use of animals and humans lol
great for getting rid of smells too, I use it to freshen up my riding hats ;)

I used a hand held steam cleaner on a very smelly bag I bought second hand. The lining inside reeked of perfume and nothing else I tried shifted it, so I'd reached the do or die stage by then and tried the steamer, it worked a treat - after 2 goes, the smell was all gone. Kills any germs too. However be careful, it worked for me, but it was a last resort.

If nothing else works, put your bag inside a sturdy polythene bag and fasten the top with an elastic band very tightly then put the bag in your freezer over night (you may need to leave it longer depending on the strength of the smell). It is the same principle as Pessie's suggestion, killing bacteria which cause the odour.
Some other tips here, including tumble drier sheets and coffee grounds.....
http://www.getsmellout.com/how-to-get-smell-out-of-purse/
Best of luck in this, let us know how you get on.

:tup:

If nothing else works, put your bag inside a sturdy polythene bag and fasten the top with an elastic band very tightly then put the bag in your freezer over night (you may need to leave it longer depending on the strength of the smell). It is the same principle as Pessie's suggestion, killing bacteria which cause the odour.
Some other tips here, including tumble drier sheets and coffee grounds.....
http://www.getsmellout.com/how-to-get-smell-out-of-purse/
Best of luck in this, let us know how you get on.

:tup:

Thanks so much for this :smile:

The smell isn't that strong and luckily my NVT bays still has its strong leather smell, its just a couple of the others have a faint smell.

Collonilled everyone last night and airing out dustbags today so hopefully this will help, but will try the freezer trick if no luck.

Thanks so much for this :smile:

The smell isn't that strong and luckily my NVT bays still has its strong leather smell, its just a couple of the others have a faint smell.

Collonilled everyone last night and airing out dustbags today so hopefully this will help, but will try the freezer trick if no luck.
So happy to hear that it is not that bad anymore :smile: Hopefully it will go away completely!

Hi I'm new and los please can anyone help or place me in the correct category? I'm trying to authenticate a mulberry phoebe I've just purchased from Ebay. I have images but when I try to start a new post about authenticating it states something like the administrator hadn't given me permission to post. Please help guys thank you x