Help needed with second purchase!

Cocorose

Sep 11, 2011
I would really value a 2nd (3rd, 4th....nth!) opinion on what is about to be my second Mulberry purchase. I am the proud owner of an oak bays and am now looking for something slightly smaller and am drawn to Reg Alexa or SBS as I like the idea of something being carried cross-body or in the hand for a smarter look. I've spent some time in the shop and was stuck between the conker or black Alexas and the conker SBS....THEN in true child-in-sweetshop style my eyes alighted in a local boutique on the Lambskin Buckle bag in two-tone midnight, almost black but with a subtle, cracked, almost metallic finish and gunmetal hardware. I am now totally torn, especially as there seems to be no trace of this bag on the Mulberry website and nor has it raised so much as a thread here, whereas the alexa is of course iconic........ideas and opinions warmly received! Thank you in advance!

I want a bag that I can carry in the hand for a smarter look as well as wear cross-body - have looked at Alexa, SBS and buckle bag, also liked Tillie and Polly but thought both a bit big for me to wear cross-body (I'm slim build and 5 foot 4).......

Out of your choices I would go for either the conker Alexa (love this bag!) or SBS, I'm not so fond of the buckle bag and don't think the design will persist in seasons to come.

Personally I prefer the Alexa to the SBS. The SBS looks to small in my opinion. I know a lot of the girls on here love them & they can fit quite a lot inside them but they just look too small when being carried. I have the Alexa in conker & really love this bag, the only fault I have with it is that the shoulder strap seems to dig in a bit but I'm happy to put up with that as the bag does look amazing when carried.
I agree with LucindaC regarding the buckle bag. Not really my cup of tea. However if they were to go into the sale at 50% off I may be tempted:graucho:

Have you thought about the Taylor or heritage bayswater satchel? x

I saw the buckle bag worn the other day and was surprised at how good it looked. It may not be a classic but I think it's smarter looking than a buffalo Alexa because the finish is more luxurious. You already have a classic bag so if you feel like something more fun that makes you smile...why not? :smile:

Have you looked at the 'coming soon' section as well? There are some lovely new bags in the pipeline which you may like - maybe the nightshade blue Alexa?

My vote is for the Oak regular Alexa i just purchased one at the weekend reveal to come soon! I actually purchased the black regular Alexa on saturday then returned it on sunday for the oak as the black wasnt doing it for me, it does not do justice to the alexa IMO the conker is lovely aswell BUT! i would wait at this point if you want that incase it goes into the sale as it is just aroung the corner now!
Hope this helps you:smile:

My vote will go for regular Alexa. When my Alexa is half empty, I like to carry it by the handle, on the crook of my arm and I think it looks cute. With Alexa at least you have the choice of carrying it in 2 different ways. You have a bays already. Another SBS will be too similar, don't you think.

Regular Alexa definitely! It is such a versatile bag and a definite classic! It looks great and smart on everyone who wears it. The days I use my Alexa there is always an extra bounce in my step!:amuse:

Thank you everyone this is SOOO helpful! I am just so indecisive! I think I've almost decided and an Alexa it will be! (Thanks INEM and ALP713! XX) Madmadmo and clpmooem - you are right, I should wait for sales:biggrin:, although I fear the conker may have disapperaed by then....however I hadn't looked on the Coming Soon bit and - I absolutely love the Alexa nightshade blue (many thanks to Peanut!:smile: )
So - the question now is - Alexa - black, conker or nightshade blue? Def NOT oak as my lovely bays is oak. I never wear navy (apart from denim) but think the nightshade blue silky snake would work well with black...anyone any experience of how that leather lasts, as the bag will see a lot of wear. Thanks!!!!!

I just got the midnight blue buckle bag. I saw it in various places online and just fell in love with it!!! I already have an assortment of bags that are truly classic and I was yearning for something with a little bit more understated with a touch of urban glamour. :love:

For me it was between that or the oversized Tillie Croc... which I can't find anywhere online that could ship to Canada easily without getting held at customs. If anyone has seen it, please let me know!!!!

:flowers: