Help needed: Who could tell us more about the Peekaboo?

CVB

Jun 16, 2012
Dear Purseblog readers,

I would love to help my mother out and figured this place would be a good start!

She loves the Fendi Peekaboo, but as you guys know it is quite an investment. Therefore she would like to know more about the available sizes, colours, detachable straps (is that an option with every size?) and if possible the prices.

Now this is slightly vague, but we are both new in the world of Fendi and are curious to see what's out there! I think she prefers the small one (especially since she is not that tall) in a light colour (beige or light grey) or more dark cognac/brown.

And of course, we would love to hear your experiences with this stunning bag!

Thank you in advance for your help!

hello - i have 2 peekaboos (a black goat skin with zucca lining and a brown goatskin with zucca lining) they measure about 15'' long (roughly the size of an hermes birkin 35 or a kelly 35) they are EXTREMELY heavy in the large size and i would keep your shoulder strap with you - they dont hold a lot despite their size if you want them to go "peekaboo" or you would be showing a lot of junk - my two are the large size - i dont have too much experience with the smaller ones - only that i tried them on and they didnt look like there would be enough room for them to go peekaboo after i put all my things in - the ones i bought were premaid and off the rack - im too impatient to custom order anything that takes 6 months or longer (dont know how long they take now) the pre made ones come with two tone hardware - if i had to do it again i would have liked to special order gold, simply because thats what i wear - i would have also thought very hard about the zucca lining because i feel its realy not as dressy as a solid color or suede and its a little too "logoish" for me - but that being said, most people have complimented me on the inside - i think there are a lot of people that would have no idea what the bag was if it didnt have the FF logo - dont know i purchased them both at the same time and i bought what they had - i feel like they are not too dressy in the model i chose - i looked at them the other day and the new leather is not a goatskin - its a thinner calf that does "peekaboo" much better but i like the goat because of the durrability - my friends whose peekaboos were calfskin all scratched and i carry mine on planes and lug them around so if they arent durrable its not for me! Neiman Marcus, Saks fifth Avenue, Nordstroms, and Fendi boutique all carry peekaboos (at least as a retail chain some individual stores dont) - id go try the two sizes and see the leather - its also a lot more expensive to custom order (or at least it was like an extra 1500 or more when i bought mine) i think the large peekaboo pre made is now 3450 - the smaller one is only slightly cheaper. hope this helps

hello - i have 2 peekaboos (a black goat skin with zucca lining and a brown goatskin with zucca lining) they measure about 15'' long (roughly the size of an hermes birkin 35 or a kelly 35) they are EXTREMELY heavy in the large size and i would keep your shoulder strap with you - they dont hold a lot despite their size if you want them to go "peekaboo" or you would be showing a lot of junk - my two are the large size - i dont have too much experience with the smaller ones - only that i tried them on and they didnt look like there would be enough room for them to go peekaboo after i put all my things in - the ones i bought were premaid and off the rack - im too impatient to custom order anything that takes 6 months or longer (dont know how long they take now) the pre made ones come with two tone hardware - if i had to do it again i would have liked to special order gold, simply because thats what i wear - i would have also thought very hard about the zucca lining because i feel its realy not as dressy as a solid color or suede and its a little too "logoish" for me - but that being said, most people have complimented me on the inside - i think there are a lot of people that would have no idea what the bag was if it didnt have the FF logo - dont know i purchased them both at the same time and i bought what they had - i feel like they are not too dressy in the model i chose - i looked at them the other day and the new leather is not a goatskin - its a thinner calf that does "peekaboo" much better but i like the goat because of the durrability - my friends whose peekaboos were calfskin all scratched and i carry mine on planes and lug them around so if they arent durrable its not for me! Neiman Marcus, Saks fifth Avenue, Nordstroms, and Fendi boutique all carry peekaboos (at least as a retail chain some individual stores dont) - id go try the two sizes and see the leather - its also a lot more expensive to custom order (or at least it was like an extra 1500 or more when i bought mine) i think the large peekaboo pre made is now 3450 - the smaller one is only slightly cheaper. hope this helps
I must have overlooked the e-mail with your comment, so sorry for that! Thank you for all the information :graucho:. It is very helpful, especially to hear about your experience with the bag. My mother and I couldn't agree more; you should be able to carry your bag everywhere...traveling and what not! They are meant to be used, right?! So we will pay extra attention to the leather, just as you advised. Again, sorry for the late reply. Especially since you've put so much effort into it!