Help needed to make my choice:)

Oct 26, 2010
A15C97FC-04D7-417E-BBEA-CEFCA47DBAF9.jpeg hi guys,

I pulled the plug on the Dauphine backpack. I ordered her pre Covid and I was able to have the store ship her last week. I love her but I find her a bit big on me and I am at the last holes..
And then there is the BOite a chapeau. I was in love when I first tried her on but hesitated because of the zipper. I was scared of scratching my watch every time I would have to get things in or out. But now.. I’m stuck between the two.
Which would you choose?
Help! :smile:

Attachments

• 38594E79-40A5-4C8E-972A-233B49025CA8.jpeg
    38594E79-40A5-4C8E-972A-233B49025CA8.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 204
  • FC4BF230-7500-4581-B47F-888D768E2750.jpeg
    FC4BF230-7500-4581-B47F-888D768E2750.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: waterina and LV2
It doesn't sound like you are in love with either bag... could you return both and look for something else?
Between the two I actually quite like the Dauphine backpack on you. Do you mean the straps are too long/short by "the last hole"?
Yes, the straps are at the last hole leaving a gap on my back..

Yes, the straps are at the last hole leaving a gap on my back..
I don't think any of these "designer backpacks" are meant to sit flush against your back like a practical nylon backpack. I have the Clapton backpack and not the Dauphine, so not sure it these would work:

You can try to crisscross the straps (connect each strap diagonally across vs straight down so that they form an "x" on your upper back) - I find that the backpack straps are less likely to slide off my shoulders this way and also helps with the pack lay closer to my body.
I actually prefer to wear my backpacks "crossback" - it's very functional for me this way. I attach a single strap diagonally across and sling it across my back. It's like a crossbody that doesn't keep shifting to the front of the hip.

To be honest, I'm not in love with either of the two! But would go with the backpack over the Boite. The backpack definitely doesn't look too big on you, but I wouldn't say it matches your outfit very well :doh: (That's probably just me being picky). The Boite seems a little bulky, and if you're worried about it scratching your watch that you wear daily , I wouldn't go for it! Pick something you love and have no qualms about. :flowers:

I haven't fallen in love with anything Dauphine yet, so I choose the Boîte. But don't think the backpack looks too big on you, proportionally.

I agree with another poster-you don't seem to really like either, so can you return both and start over?

I haven't fallen in love with anything Dauphine yet, so I choose the Boîte. But don't think the backpack looks too big on you, proportionally.

I agree with another poster-you don't seem to really like either, so can you return both and start over?
I do love both but they each have something that I’m unsure of.... for the price I mean.. at 4000$ CAD for a bag, I want to be sure...:smile:

I love the Dauphine on you! While I always liked this bag - seeing it on you is really selling it! I wouldn't expect it to see flush like a traditional backpack and it looks like it's sitting as it should. It's such a unique piece - that would be my vote.

Enjoy whatever you choose!

Reactions: karylicious