HELP NEEDED to identify a bag I "need"! Dior?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I fell in love with a bag about... 2 years ago in Harvey Nichols in London. I THINK it was a Christian Dior bag, so I'm going to try and describe it, and hopefully a fellow bag-addict will help me to identify it:

Black leather in layers. Rectangles of black leather sewn onto the bag almost in leaves, so the bag looked like a mass of layers of leather - fairly square in shape, and I think the handle was bone/horn? It was a classic design, and it came in a few (muted) colours and sizes.

I would give body-parts for one - so if someone out there can confirm if it WAS in fact Dior (or someone similarly established/classic?) and what the model was called, I'd be hugely grateful!

x
    kate_london

2. I think that was a YSL bag. First because HN doesn't stock Dior but also because the bone andle is very YSL. I think it maybe the mombasa?

3. What you are describing is definetely YSL. I do not know the style name, but just went on eBay to try and find out. There are 2 listed...one in pink, and one in black. I don't know if they are authentic...but you can go check them out to confirm that they are what you are looking for!

4. Thank you SO much - Yves St Laurent is ringing bells now. I'm about to become poorer... if I can find one in good condition!

5. ST TROPEZ!!! It's the YSL St Tropez! Thank you SO much LondonBrat and AnneMerrick - your efforts have helped me to find the bag. If anyone out there HAS a St Tropez they're bored of (crazy fool!) please put it on eBay :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice