HELP NEEDED: Speaker broke and I need a replacement

1. Hi everyone! :idea:

My uncle came to me today with his broken speaker from his speaker box and asked me if I can find some replacement parts online (they don't have the internet). I looked around online, and the only retailer that I could find was one in Florida - which is a problem since I live in Germany.

So, I have a question. I know nothing about speakers or how one would go about replacing them. Can I just buy any regular old round 6" speaker and put it in the box???

Here are some pictures that I took of the speaker, in case it helps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the back of the speaker it reads:

JVC
    HSA1620-01E

6 Ohm (I can't find the ohm symbol!)

JAPAN

I googled the model number of the speaker, and like I said before, only the Florida retailer came up.

Any help or advice? :jammin:

2. Help? ANyone? :sad:

3. I'd take the speaker to a car stereo retailer and ask what a suitable replacement for it would be. Any electronics store should be able to tell you. I wouldn't bother buying this exact speaker because it probably isn't manufactured anymore and will cost you an arm and a leg to replace. Just get the info on what you can put in its place, then go to the internet or eBay and dig up a cheap replacement. I hope this helps, sorry I can't give any more specific info!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice