Help needed: Should I keep the Miu Miu Shopping Pattina?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies, I would like some advice. After coveting the Miu Miu Shopping Pattina for a long time after seeing it on the lovely Chloe, I finally got it as my first Miu Miu. :yahoo: It is the same one, the large size in Calce.

However when it arrived, I was surprised at how heavy it was, much heavier than all my other bags. Weight is a big issue for me, and even just carrying the bare minimum (e.g. wallet, phone, keys, small makeup pouch), I find the pattina pretty heavy to carry around even just around the house. As a result I this baby hasn't even been out of my house yet .

Do you also have problems with how heavy your bags are, and how do you solve this? I love everything else about this bag, the colour, the design and everything, so I don't know if I'm just being sensitive about the weight and it is not such a big deal? Your opinions please ladies! :smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/miu-miu/reveal-shopping-pattina-in-calce-554421.html

2. Did you keep it? How heavy is it? I am thinking of getting one, but I don't like heavy bag.

3. it's a great bag..

BUT if u don't love it or not gonna use it.. I'll say bye bye to it

I personally dont think it is heavy... but DEF. more heavy when compare to RH bal & such.. but it is a shoulder bag.. I think it is bearable

4. I'm still holding on to it, and while I can't decide whether to keep it or not I won't use it yet. I don't have a weighing scale to see exactly how heavy it is, but it feels heavier than my everyday bag when it is filled, and I know that the everyday bag is about 4.5 lbs (with contents). My shoulder feels the strain just carrying the pattina around the house empty!

I think all the hardware makes the bag heavy, and the compartments in the bag are divided by leather (if you get what I mean), and it all adds to the weight of the bag. There's a small version in my local consignment store, and I've been contemplating swapping out my large one for the small one, although I think the small one wouldn't be big enough for my daily needs. Decisions decisions!

kiki119 - do you have this bag? what do you normally have in it?

5. I drive to work everyday - so just my make up bag, iphone, wallet, keys & minor things

6. kiki119, thank you for your reply. I will save my money for different bags :smile: