Help needed regarding hermes vat!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

It will be my first time alone in Paris and I thought of getting some gifts from FSH for my mum. I've been reading literally all the threads regarding the tax refund after shopping in FSH but I'm still really confused.

Does H still does its own refund in-house or is it under global blue like other brands? Is the tax refund process the same as other brands such as getting the form filled up and stamp by custom and then refunding at the airport? Am I able to receive the refund in cash or only by credit card refund? Do I drop the forms and receipts in the global blue box or do I mail it else where separately?

I really need some advice as I'm traveling in two days time, thank you all in advance!

2. The refund process is the standard one: You get the form from Hermes, then stand in line at the airport at Customs to show the goods to the inspector (if requested) and get a customs stamp, then post the stamped form to the refund-processing company (I've forgotten which one Hermes uses; there are several) at the airport postbox. Yes, you can opt to get a cash refund versus a credit card refund if you prefer. HTH!

ETA: Be sure to leave extra time at the airport. Of course it's impossible to predict, but when I was there the credit card refund line was an hour long and the cash refund line even longer.

3. Thank you for your reply, sorry just to check again, do you have any idea how many percent the cash refund would be as different websites are giving me different answers. Some says that the tax refund percentage is the same for both cash and credit card refund just that there is a 3 euro processing fee.

Do you have any idea what it's like now? Thank you so much for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.