Help needed on my first Bayswater!

1HappyHunter

1HappyHunter
Nov 18, 2011
Hello everyone & Mulberry lovers :smile:

After searching for a long time, I finally decided that my new baby would be a Mulberry Bayswater! Although, I am a little confused with the size/length I should buy. So here we are!

I am fairly petite (5'2") and a big handbag can be overwhelming. What do you recommend me to get for a everyday handbag to carry my wallet, sunglasses + case, makeup bag, keys, perfume bottle and eventually my kindle, a magazine or other miscellaneous stuff. I don't want it to be too big and not too small either.

So, which width? 15" or 14" or 13"

Let me know & thanks in advance! :smile:

Have a look at the mulberry catwalk thread and it will show you some pictures of people wearing bayswaters to see what a small bayswater satchel looks like you will need to search for ledburys as they are almost the same style except for a strap.
I am naturally leaning towards the smaller bayswater satchel going on your build I love my bayswater but I think what you wish to add to it would be rattling around rather than filling it but would be a good fit for the smaller version.

Hi! I'm exactly the same height as u, here's a pic of me with a bayswater ..I'm on my phone now..I hope the image attaches!

I think although it MIGHT seem a bit big, the smaller bayswater just doesn't seem the same!!

Attachments

• image-4241971860.png
    image-4241971860.png
    827.5 KB · Views: 473
Oh thank you guys!

Ondrea- I will definitely check it out! And thank you for the tips ;)

cantbelieve- This handbag looks great on you and you are so pretty! Thank you for taking the time to take a picture and sending it to me :smile:

1HappyHunter said:
Oh thank you guys!

Ondrea- I will definitely check it out! And thank you for the tips ;)

cantbelieve- This handbag looks great on you and you are so pretty! Thank you for taking the time to take a picture and sending it to me :smile:

Thanks :smile: i think it's the 15! It should be the original size so the larger one!

Take a picture when u decide! Would love to see it! :smile:

1HappyHunter The Bays is a pretty big bag and you can fit loads in it, I usually carry mine less than half full most days. I do think it can look great on smaller girls, cantbelieve you look fantastic with yours! It's just whether you like carrying bigger bags and feel comfortable with it. I think the SBS has quite a different look and would be too small for me to use as an everyday bag, have you considered the East West Bays which is the same length but shorter than the standard one?

1HappyHunter The Bays is a pretty big bag and you can fit loads in it, I usually carry mine less than half full most days. I do think it can look great on smaller girls, cantbelieve you look fantastic with yours! It's just whether you like carrying bigger bags and feel comfortable with it. I think the SBS has quite a different look and would be too small for me to use as an everyday bag, have you considered the East West Bays which is the same length but shorter than the standard one?
I looked at this one, but I don't know there is something about it that I don't like... I like big bags, so I think that the Bayswater would be perfect :smile: Now I just have to find the color I want to get!!

I'm a bit taller than you (5 foot 4) but slim build and like you I find the Bays a bit big, but the SBS a bit small for everyday use, and the East-West bays lovely but a very different look....so yes, go for the Bays! It's a classic and you won't ever regret it, especially in oak!

I'm a bit taller than you (5 foot 4) but slim build and like you I find the Bays a bit big, but the SBS a bit small for everyday use, and the East-West bays lovely but a very different look....so yes, go for the Bays! It's a classic and you won't ever regret it, especially in oak!
Thanks for the advice :smile: I am going for a Bayswater for sure. I have been looking at the website forever.... lol! I am heading towards the Oak color as well, but I like the chocolate too! I want both, but a black would be nice too :P!