Help needed! Lindy handles

Unfortunate you like me. Rarely use the Lindy and I am a careful person. Something similar like yours and the craftsman insisted its a stain. They said they don't touch up or repair handles. Quoted me 1500USD to repair both handles. They insisted again handles should be replaced as a pair to make sure there is no color variance.

Omg! I'm so sorry that happened to you my peko! That is horrible and ridiculous!

if i recall correctly i think my "rub off" came at very early stage of usage. thats why i got twillies and i did walk around with them on exactly like bandage function but i got tired of them. and then i forgot about this issue. i will check with H, come to my senses it is not right the handles turn this way. i also checked the receipt and i got it 2 years ago and not 3.
It's clemence. This should have never happened period.

Unfortunate you like me. Rarely use the Lindy and I am a careful person. Something similar like yours and the craftsman insisted its a stain. They said they don't touch up or repair handles. Quoted me 1500USD to replace both handles. They insisted again handles should be replaced as a pair to make sure there is no color variance.
It's not a stain. The craftsman is mistaken. The handles are defective and should be replaced.

Is it a problem with their green dye? I have 3 lindys: gold from 2006 which I literally takes everywhere and somehow abused but looks good for its age , Etoupe which is fairly new but carried often, malachite which I used only a few times. Now I'm worried the malachite would have the same problem. Mine is in Evercolor though.
Edited to add: my gold lindy was scratched by the decoration on a top I was wearing and the craftslady in HK touched up for me and I only had to wait 20 minutes. She also touched up some discoloration from use on the side panels and the handles. It was in 2009 and I heard you can't get it back same day now as the craftsman no longer station in the store.

Last edited:
Is it a problem with their green dye? I have 3 lindys: gold from 2006 which I literally takes everywhere and somehow abused but looks good for its age , Etoupe which is fairly new but carried often, malachite which I used only a few times. Now I'm worried the malachite would have the same problem. Mine is in Evercolor though.
Edited to add: my gold lindy was scratched by the decoration on a top I was wearing and the craftslady in HK touched up for me and I only had to wait 20 minutes. She also touched up some discoloration from use on the side panels and the handles. It was in 2009 and I heard you can't get it back same day now as the craftsman no longer station in the store.

Peko's is rouge casaque (red).

So glad your Gold could be helped (and was helped). Of course they can touch these bags up in a jiffy.

All this turns my stomach, thank goodness for tPF or people would just think it's just them and probably their fault. These dyes should permeate through the leathers, one would only expect very cheap bags to look as though the colour was painted on.

Reactions: Orangefanatic

I don't have any issue with my gold Lindy also. I think the craft lady is able to touch up also because she got the color in store since gold is considered a classic colour.

Hi I'm reviving this old thread cos I just realized that my BE Lindy handles have this "peeling" too and I'm devastated. I had twillies on them but took them off for a few weeks while the twillies were being dry cleaned and the next thing I knew, I saw these peeling marks :sad:((((( can I chk if this is indeed a known peeling problem/ defect and will H do anything abt it?

Hi I'm reviving this old thread cos I just realized that my BE Lindy handles have this "peeling" too and I'm devastated. I had twillies on them but took them off for a few weeks while the twillies were being dry cleaned and the next thing I knew, I saw these peeling marks :sad:((((( can I chk if this is indeed a known peeling problem/ defect and will H do anything abt it?
hi isadora, my lindy got fixed at the end. both handles were replaced free of charge, i think the kind store manager has pushed paris to fix them. i am very thankful of my manager's action. i hope your lindy gets fixed too. just like you said, yes, they "peeled" at early stage without much of an use. i thought i was going to live with them and didn't think much of them but now they are gone i like my lindy better.