Help needed! Leather crack on mini strap -- what should I do??

chlamy

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Hi everyone,

I got an 18C mini from Heathrow last month but I just took her out for the first time a few days ago. Today I noticed a crack on the leather strap. It's not the end of the world but this bag is practically brand new [emoji26] Do you think they will allow the exchange (I bought it exactly one month ago)? The likelihood of my local store having this bag is next to zero though. Would a repair be an option? The crack isn't that noticeable but for a brand new bag that has been used only 2-3 times I don't think this is acceptable... or am I too fussy? What would you guys do? Please help... [emoji26]

IMG_1513408050.454726.jpgIMG_1513408194.815377.jpg
IMG_1513407615.469412.jpg

Hi everyone,

I got an 18C mini from Heathrow last month but I just took her out for the first time a few days ago. Today I noticed a crack on the leather strap. It's not the end of the world but this bag is practically brand new [emoji26] Do you think they will allow the exchange (I bought it exactly one month ago)? The likelihood of my local store having this bag is next to zero though. Would a repair be an option? The crack isn't that noticeable but for a brand new bag that has been used only 2-3 times I don't think this is acceptable... or am I too fussy? What would you guys do? Please help... [emoji26]

View attachment 3908849View attachment 3908850
View attachment 3908848

Please do not worry since that is not a crack. I believe it is the section where the leather is glued together. All my bags have that “crack” too on the straps. Don’t worry too much since that is normal with Chanel.
Attached is an example of my lamb.

Attachments

• D79BE0F3-E4C1-494A-BD47-E77D833FABEF.jpeg
    D79BE0F3-E4C1-494A-BD47-E77D833FABEF.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 529
Thank you so much honeytea :smile: I looked at it again closely and you're right. It seems like the section where the leather is joined. They actually did a pretty good job with that it looked more like a leather crack than the glued section [emoji16]

Reactions: honeytea_h
Thank you Daosabao! I've never seen the joining before (my classic flap strap is smooth all the way except at the very end) so I got a little freaked out when I saw this. Such a relief to hear that it was the glued section [emoji4]

As sizz said it’s an old thread but this brings back memories when i purchased my Maxi in black patent. I opened the bag and saw it was like this but worse and in a few areas. I wasn’t happy as i’d spent over $4000 on it.

I purchased it while i was on vacation in Hawaii and didn’t notice this until i got back to the UK, i contacted my lovely SA in Hawaii and sent photos. I sent it to Paris to replace the chain. It arrived and this one was worse. I was told to go to my nearest Chanel boutique and i looked through the bags there and found one that didn’t have this at all so obviously chose that one. All chains are different and me being OCD about everything it just had to be perfect. Where the chain ends on mine it looks so much neater than the others i had!

Reactions: chicgirl616
Please do not worry since that is not a crack. I believe it is the section where the leather is glued together. All my bags have that “crack” too on the straps. Don’t worry too much since that is normal with Chanel.
Attached is an example of my lamb.

Thanks for your input. I recently purchased a small flap bag from the spring summer collection and the chain had some minor imperfections as well. Glad to know this is “normal”, as I was worried about it too.