Help needed-Helmut!

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
As some of you know, I have been asking a lot of questions about the helmut lately. I think the style is insane and I have found a pair but I have never tried them on. I know they are no longer in stores (at least the stores in my city) so I cannot try them on. I found some on ebay and had the sizing checked on the size thread and I think I found the size that would work. I have been stalking them for close to 3 weeks but because of some advice on TPF, I haven't taken the plunge. I cannot stop thinking about them though. Am I a complete fool if I order shoes for a risky style I have never tried on? I need major shoe advise!!! What do you do if you can't get them out of your head?
The only thing that can replace this longing is the peacock declic :P. Can't seem to find that bad boy online anywhere though .

I could try to sell them I guess if they didn't work....though I am not a fan of selling on *bay. The seller accepts returns too but because she is overseas, I would be paying $25.00 to get the shoes to me and if they don't work, $55.00 to send them back. Ouch.

Yes just do it !! Keep looking at Kirsten Dunst during the spiderman 2 promo and get them !! =D It's insane she decided to wear only Helmuts to all Spidey premieres .. she started with the satins ones .. but the chewing gum incident leaded to jazz black. Gorgeous !

I made a imageshack gallery : http://img66.imageshack.us/g/kd2.jpg/

I could try to sell them I guess if they didn't work....though I am not a fan of selling on *bay. The seller accepts returns too but because she is overseas, I would be paying $25.00 to get the shoes to me and if they don't work, $55.00 to send them back. Ouch.

A CERTAIN PAIR ON THE BAY are a whole size bigger than tts. Be carful but hey, you can always send them back priority to save the money.

What size and color are you looking to buy? Barneys.com has the black and bone ones on their website. And if you don't see your size, perhaps you can call one of the stores. I went down a half size btw.

Also I know Neimans had them at one time, so perhaps you can call them too.

Good luck and happy shopping!

Call Barneys NY-the actual store. They definitely have them and you can return them there or exchange. Did you try NM in San Francisco?? All these stores will ship to you. My "new helmuts" are my true US size. My old style helmuts are 1/2 down from my US size.

Carlinha-Are yours the new helmuts or old helmuts? The helmuts I am looking at are new sizing and 1/2 size down from my US size... I could deal w/ them being slightly big but I don't know how this style would ever work if they were too small. Could you even stuff your toes in the front?

Carlinha-Are yours the new helmuts or old helmuts? The helmuts I am looking at are new sizing and 1/2 size down from my US size... I could deal w/ them being slightly big but I don't know how this style would ever work if they were too small. Could you even stuff your toes in the front?

mine are the original helmuts, with the longer toebox. i have no idea how the new helmut sizing is as i never tried it on, sorry!