Help needed: Good travel bag (no Neverfull!)

Hi everyone,

I did some research- no honestly I didn‘t do much else lately in my freetime :angel: - and tried to find an alternative travel bag from LV for my Neverfull MM DE...

Thank you so much for all the suggestions and sharing your travel companions! :heart: Thats why I really love this forum!

So Im looking for an open travelbag, easy to care for, comfy and not as big as the Neverfull MM! And if course it shouldnt break the bank... :rolleyes:

Now, I checked out the Graceful again, Delightful, Galliera, NeoNoe and Longchamp.

The Graceful lost because of the problem with the corners (I had an iena once).

Delightful and Galliera are awesome bags and there are great deals on the preloved market. Open top- comfy, not too big and can be used as handbag at destination. But after watching some reviews I came to the conclusion that they are too slouchy and have not enough structure like a Neverfull... they dont really stand on their own and putting an organizer into a hobo... :oh: I dont like that..

I dont really like the looks of the Longchamp bags while I love the scarfs they make ... i just dont see myself with a longchamp

NeoNoe... well what can I say. While researching it, I came across so many reviews and I fell in love... strange because I have the classic one and when the NeoNoe first came out I thought it looked cheap :flowers: sorry Noe! Now I think its practical and worry-free and chic at the same time and its not seen everywhere when you walk into an airport :biggrin:

The deal was sealed by
+open top
+super light weight (everyone says)
+no sagging/slouching (they say)
+ shoulder and crossbody option without buying another strap additionally
+no Vachetta
+dark carefree lining (they say)
+a little smaller than Neverfull (so better fit under the seat in front of me)
+black/mono goes with everything
+can be dressed elegant or for an easy knock around town day
-super soft lining :love:

I have just ordered the black mono online and cant wait to take a look at it myself to make sure the pros that I found here on the forum and on you tube are true :yes:(store is too far away)

I will post some pics and let you know if I have found what I was looking for :wave:

Thanks again to everyone!! :heart:

If the NeoNoe does not work out, have you looked at the Jersey? I am looking at it now. I am sort of in the same situation as you regarding travel with my Neverfull GM. It's in great condition but I may sell it and go for Jersey instead. The Jersey has feet on the bottom (so you can set it down), but it does have a zippered top (though I guess you don't HAVE to zipper it if you want easy access). I hope you find what you're looking for! Keep us posted.....

Reactions: Stratford
Sorry this is long... :angel:
Hello Ladies!

I‘m back and I‘ve made up my mind.
What I am about to write down is something that only you- being as crazy about handbags as me- can understand.

Today I received my NeoNoe black/monogram which I accidentally ordered last Thursday before the price increase. Honestly- I had no idea, I just got lucky. :eek: On top of that; due to condition and date code- it was not a return item and everything is fine!
So far so good!

Now- I know this is materialistic and there are so much more important things!! I am very well aware of that!

But... When I opened the box this afternoon I got excited like a child on Christmas. I hadn‘t even opened the dustbag and already grinned from ear to ear. Literally! As I unwrapped the bag, examined it and checked it for any issues I got overly excited. It felt so strange ... never ever before have I experienced these butterflies towards a bag ... after all its just as simple as that: a bag you carry your stuff around in... beautiful! Yes...but just a useful item. :frown:

Guys- I am so extensively RIDICULOUSLY happy about this bag!! I LOVE it! :yahoo::yahoo:
I immediately had to try it with some outfits, put things in it... and just let it sit and admire its beauty ! Crazy...

I was looking for a travel bag to replace my Neverfull mm and I got this one... I got everything I am looking for in a bag: versatility, comfort, space, elegance, functionality, cuteness.... I could go on...
Wow... I‘m in awe ... :love:

After playing around with it for I dont how long I put it on my handbag shelf next to my classic Noe and just kept on smiling...
:girlsigh:

Now, as for the Neverfull I wanted to replace
- since I keep my LV collection on a „sell one, buy one rotation“ to let it not get out of hand-
after all I will keep it. Two reasons for that: 1. I have the old version with the flowers and cursive writing which might be hard to find in the future and
2. I‘ve read a lot in the Neverfull Clubhouse and some other threads lately and people seem to fall in and out of love with this bag on a monthly even yearly base.... which left me thinking of my criticism and I came to the conclusion that it might not work for me for travel on plane but in a car for roadtrips when I wont have to carry it and put it under the seat in front of me- it could still work! And I could love it again!
And I have the feeling that my future self would be enormously heart broken if I let go of it. :hrmm: Its still in good condition and there are quite some memories attached to it.

So I took the unplanned plunge to add a sixth bag to my collection. I never intended to and had five bags as a limit, but when you‘re in love?! Right?! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am so happy I dont even want to only travel with the Neonoe I want to use it instantly- and I already loaded it to take out tomorrow and meet a friend for coffee in the afternoon ... yay ! :yes:

And that also is SO not me! Its new for me because I usually admire a bag for weeks before I take it out and about ... like my Alma bb I bought in September - havent taken it out yet ! Planned to use for a birthday invitation next Saturday ...

Well. I always do research and I know exactly what I‘m getting - for the price I cant just impulse-buy anything... but this time I was taken by surprise about how this bag won my heart when I saw it in person.. crazy. Never happened before.

So... after four new bags this year (and selling only two- great how my own rules work :angel: ) off to Ban Island... at least until late spring!

I would like to know-

Have you ever discovered a bag you never thought of before and instantly fell in love when you saw it? Totally unexpected?

Would be nice to read your stories !
Thanks for recommending NeoNoe :heart:

Hello Ladies!

I‘m back and I‘ve made up my mind.
What I am about to write down is something that only you- being as crazy about handbags as me- can understand.

Today I received my NeoNoe black/monogram which I accidentally ordered last Thursday before the price increase. Honestly- I had no idea, I just got lucky. :eek: On top of that; due to condition and date code- it was not a return item and everything is fine!
So far so good!

Now- I know this is materialistic and there are so much more important things!! I am very well aware of that!

But... When I opened the box this afternoon I got excited like a child on Christmas. I hadn‘t even opened the dustbag and already grinned from ear to ear. Literally! As I unwrapped the bag, examined it and checked it for any issues I got overly excited. It felt so strange ... never ever before have I experienced these butterflies towards a bag ... after all its just as simple as that: a bag you carry your stuff around in... beautiful! Yes...but just a useful item. :frown:

Guys- I am so extensively RIDICULOUSLY happy about this bag!! I LOVE it! :yahoo::yahoo:
I immediately had to try it with some outfits, put things in it... and just let it sit and admire its beauty ! Crazy...

I was looking for a travel bag to replace my Neverfull mm and I got this one... I got everything I am looking for in a bag: versatility, comfort, space, elegance, functionality, cuteness.... I could go on...
Wow... I‘m in awe ... :love:

After playing around with it for I dont how long I put it on my handbag shelf next to my classic Noe and just kept on smiling...
:girlsigh:

Now, as for the Neverfull I wanted to replace
- since I keep my LV collection on a „sell one, buy one rotation“ to let it not get out of hand-
after all I will keep it. Two reasons for that: 1. I have the old version with the flowers and cursive writing which might be hard to find in the future and
2. I‘ve read a lot in the Neverfull Clubhouse and some other threads lately and people seem to fall in and out of love with this bag on a monthly even yearly base.... which left me thinking of my criticism and I came to the conclusion that it might not work for me for travel on plane but in a car for roadtrips when I wont have to carry it and put it under the seat in front of me- it could still work! And I could love it again!
And I have the feeling that my future self would be enormously heart broken if I let go of it. :hrmm: Its still in good condition and there are quite some memories attached to it.

So I took the unplanned plunge to add a sixth bag to my collection. I never intended to and had five bags as a limit, but when you‘re in love?! Right?! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am so happy I dont even want to only travel with the Neonoe I want to use it instantly- and I already loaded it to take out tomorrow and meet a friend for coffee in the afternoon ... yay ! :yes:

And that also is SO not me! Its new for me because I usually admire a bag for weeks before I take it out and about ... like my Alma bb I bought in September - havent taken it out yet ! Planned to use for a birthday invitation next Saturday ...

Well. I always do research and I know exactly what I‘m getting - for the price I cant just impulse-buy anything... but this time I was taken by surprise about how this bag won my heart when I saw it in person.. crazy. Never happened before.

So... after four new bags this year (and selling only two- great how my own rules work :angel: ) off to Ban Island... at least until late spring!

I would like to know-

Have you ever discovered a bag you never thought of before and instantly fell in love when you saw it? Totally unexpected?

I love everything about this post! So happy for you! :smile: I’ve been considering this very same bag. I have a trip coming up to NYC mid Nov and have been looking forward to a bag while there, just hadn’t decided on which one. Yesterday I completed the Marine Corp Marathon and crushed my time! Hubby gave me a blessing as a great reward for many months of hard work. All of my (3) LV’s have a “moment” attached to them and I think this one suits the event perfectly!

I love everything about this post! So happy for you! :smile: I’ve been considering this very same bag. I have a trip coming up to NYC mid Nov and have been looking forward to a bag while there, just hadn’t decided on which one. Yesterday I completed the Marine Corp Marathon and crushed my time! Hubby gave me a blessing as a great reward for many months of hard work. All of my (3) LV’s have a “moment” attached to them and I think this one suits the event perfectly!

Oh yes- thats sounds like the perfect occasion! Congratulations!

Reactions: LVFloridagirl

So happy for you and congrats on your beautiful new NeoNoe!! I actually had purchased a Siena PM while in Paris recently for work and then was upset to discover when I came back home that the zipper was wavy/not straight when the purse was full of items. I then took it back to an LV store in Hawaii (while vacationing) and thought to exchange it either for another Siena or a NeoNoe. Somehow the NeoNoe hadn't caught my eye before but when looking at the website it intrigued me. The Siena the Hawaii store had also had the same wavy zipper issue so I ended up exchanging for the NeoNoe and absolutely LOVE the bag. So funny as I had wanted the Siena for such a long time, finally purchased it in Paris after going to 5 (!) different stores to hunt it down, and then ended up exchanging for a NeoNoe!

Like you I'm loving the NeoNoe for how elegant it looks, how much it can fit, how light it is, and I find the canvas to be so soft, softer than other bags I have!

So happy for you and congrats on your beautiful new NeoNoe!! I actually had purchased a Siena PM while in Paris recently for work and then was upset to discover when I came back home that the zipper was wavy/not straight when the purse was full of items. I then took it back to an LV store in Hawaii (while vacationing) and thought to exchange it either for another Siena or a NeoNoe. Somehow the NeoNoe hadn't caught my eye before but when looking at the website it intrigued me. The Siena the Hawaii store had also had the same wavy zipper issue so I ended up exchanging for the NeoNoe and absolutely LOVE the bag. So funny as I had wanted the Siena for such a long time, finally purchased it in Paris after going to 5 (!) different stores to hunt it down, and then ended up exchanging for a NeoNoe!

Like you I'm loving the NeoNoe for how elegant it looks, how much it can fit, how light it is, and I find the canvas to be so soft, softer than other bags I have!
What color did you get? Excited for you!

Reactions: USCGirlie
What color did you get? Excited for you!

Thanks so much @LVFloridagirl! I ended up getting it in the classic black, although the Coquelicot was extremely tempting :smile:. I find the black extremely versatile and classy, though I love the pops of color that the others provide as well. Are you thinking of black as well? Excited for you to get your Neo Noe soon!!

Thanks so much @LVFloridagirl! I ended up getting it in the classic black, although the Coquelicot was extremely tempting :smile:. I find the black extremely versatile and classy, though I love the pops of color that the others provide as well. Are you thinking of black as well? Excited for you to get your Neo Noe soon!!
Mono/Noir is also my 1st choice! I’ve been eyeing the my world tour speedy with black trim as well but really leaning towards Neo Noe. Hope to pick up one in NYC next week. Side note: I’ve had Sienna pm for several years (my 1st LV) and really like it. I’ll let you know how they compare if/when I actually have Noe.

Mono/Noir is also my 1st choice! I’ve been eyeing the my world tour speedy with black trim as well but really leaning towards Neo Noe. Hope to pick up one in NYC next week. Side note: I’ve had Sienna pm for several years (my 1st LV) and really like it. I’ll let you know how they compare if/when I actually have Noe.

Thanks @LVFloridagirl! Excited for you to pick up your Neo Noe next week in NY :smile:.

Reactions: LVFloridagirl
Now that you’ve had your bag for a little bit, are you still enjoying it? Really looking forward to this one!

Hi @LVFloridagirl! The Neo Noe was the bag I used exclusively on my Hawaii vacation and it was perfect as it fit so much! (Way more than my Alma BB can hold, for example.) I was able to fit two sunglass cases (one for my husband), a water bottle, my long wallet (Emilie), a Wet Ones pack, hand sanitizer, and a pouch full of miscellaneous things (tissue pack, bandaids, lipstick, and other odds and ends), as well as a folded up baseball cap. Now that I've been back to work this week, I haven't been using my Neo Noe (I use a larger tote to fit my laptop) but I absolutely love it because of how elegant it is, and yet so versatile. Hope this helps :smile:!

I found your thread in the nick of time. This is what I'm carrying today. My Pegase 55 for carry-on and my beloved Madewell transport tote in the medium size.

I find Madewell totes extremely useful when traveling. You can buy the ones with zipper on top so your contents won't spill out and it's real leather and extremely lightweight. Mine is open tote without the zipper. I love how "understated" it looks.

IMG_0839.jpg