Help needed from Céline lovers

En Vogue

O.G.
Jan 13, 2013
I have been offered to buy a slightly used authentic Celine Black Phantom for 1.400 Euro. Only issue is a little scratch in the bottom (please see picture). My question is if I should buy the used one with the scratch or pay a bit more and try to get a new one instead? What would you do?

Another question: Does your Phantom bag 'bulge' a bit on the bag? Please see the picture?

I really appreciate your input :smile:

Attachments

• foto.jpg
    foto.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 425
  • foto (1).jpg
    foto (1).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 432
This is really a call of your own comfort level.
It sounds like to me that you're bothered by the scratch... in that case, don't buy it.
However if you're asking *me*, no I would not be bothered, especially given that price which I think is amazing for a "slightly used Phantom".

As for the bulge in the back, is this your own pic or the seller's? Sometimes people just stuff the bag with a pillow or tissue paper. So it looks like to me that there's something inside making the leather puff out. In that case, I'm not worried. If there's nothing inside and it still bulges out like that, then again it's really about your own comfort level with making this purchase. I don't think the bulge affects the bag's integrity, so I would be fine with it, again cuz the price is very good.

It sounds like to me that you're bothered by the scratch... in that case, don't buy it.
However if you're asking *me*, no I would not be bothered, especially given that price which I think is amazing for a "slightly used Phantom".

As for the bulge in the back, is this your own pic or the seller's? Sometimes people just stuff the bag with a pillow or tissue paper. So it looks like to me that there's something inside making the leather puff out. In that case, I'm not worried. If there's nothing inside and it still bulges out like that, then again it's really about your own comfort level with making this purchase. I don't think the bulge affects the bag's integrity, so I would be fine with it, again cuz the price is very good.

Yeah, everything CEC.LV4eva said.

Comes down to your comfort level.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reflections - I appreciate it a lot. These are actually my own pictures (I am buying it from a friend) and the bag still bulges on the back despite being empty. The scratch doesn't bother me so much - it is more the bulging part that concerns me... Does your back bulge as you wear it?

Thanks for your reflections - I appreciate it a lot. These are actually my own pictures (I am buying it from a friend) and the bag still bulges on the back despite being empty. The scratch doesn't bother me so much - it is more the bulging part that concerns me... Does your back bulge as you wear it?

I would pass. And since the bulge bothers you, pass!

I wouldn't buy it but if the scratch is ok with you then go ahead. I normally buy my bags new for this reason. I have only bought two preloved a LV which was discontinued and a Celine I am expecting soon but otherwise I prefer to be the one to break them in. I would rather wait and save the money for a new one than buy one with a scratch unless it is fixable which IMHO is not the case here. This looks like a scuff not a simple scratch to me.

Personally, I would pass.

I'm starting to realize that buying preowned with Céline bags is not actually that much of a deal. I'm finding preowned bags online that are more expensive than what I paid for my brand new mini.