Help needed: first Gucci Bag: Ophidia mini or Marmont mini or Dionysus mini???

Which bag would you choose?

• Ophidia mini in black

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Marmont camera mini in black

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Dionysus mini in black

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters

Sophie17

May 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and hope you can help me make up my mind.
I want to purchase my first every luxury bag and searched for a long time so far and have a whole list of candidates.
These days I personally enjoy Gucci as a brand the most, so I narrowed my choices down to 3 options from the brand:

1) The Ophidia mini in black leather:
https://www.gucci.com/de/de/pr/wome...-for-women/ophidia-mini-bag-p-517350DJ2DG1060
I never see pictures from this bag online anywhere in that option. Do you know why? It was my initial favorite!

2) The Marmont mini in black:
https://www.gucci.com/de/de/pr/wome...-marmont-matelasse-mini-bag-p-448065DTD1T1000
It seems almost like a classic, but I'm afraid the line is overdone these days and has fallen out of favor and style. What is your option on that?

3) The Dionynus mini in black (what else?)
https://www.gucci.com/de/de/pr/wome...ionysus-gg-supreme-mini-bag-p-421970KHNRN9769
A susprise for me, which made me reconsider my skin tone, which I think is more on the neutral side, but recently I was trying to embrace my warm toned side. But this cool toned bag makes me feel strangely at home.
I just dont know if it is worth the price. I mean this bag has been around since 2015 and I see it on people from time to time, but not that much.
Do you think it is still worth buying or am I too late? Is it one of those quirky pieces that is now old news?

What do you think? Which one would you recommend?
1) the smart coice (not that pricy, small, multi purpose, classic style)
2) the trendy choice (seen everywhere, fits any occasion)
3) the stylish choice (sort of in love with the bag, very versatile - 3 options to carry, roomy)

I look forward to hearing your options!

I like the marmont the best, but I’d say go with whichever your heart tells you! All three are relatively easy to pair with outfits. I would disregard trends and choose the one that you think you’d use the most or gets you the most excited about. A first bag is something to be excited about!

Reactions: 880
I dislike marmont so I’d go ophidia or Dionysus. Are you sure you want such a small bag to be your first? They don’t hold that much. Dionysus mini can be worn crossbody or on shoulder. I’m guessing Ophidia can too? The chain is a tad heavy on Dionysus but these bags are a work of art. Go with what your love and you can’t go wrong.

I'm making the same decision right now! I want a mini designer crossbody under $1500 CAD that isn't too small and still fits essentials. I'm turned off of the marmont line as I think it is out of style. I also think the brass marmont logo can look fake sometimes. I'm most likely going to go with your first option! Because it fulfills the uses of a camera bag but doesn't have that basic camera bag "look" (e.g. marmont camera bag, YSL lou camera bag, prada diagramme). I also have not seen that many videos/posts about it anywhere and am wondering why. I think most people buy that ophidia mini style in the classic canvas print > black leather.

Let me now what you end up picking and why!