Help Needed: Designing Walk-In Wardrobe to store Hermes

b) H Scarves / Twillys
I'm thinking this would be a drawer under the jewellery drawer. I am not big on scaves, so I think one drawer is enough. Store them Hermes-boutique style.

Alternatively, I can ask for men's trouser's pull out holder, and use it to hang my scarves. What do you think?

lucky girl!!! a custom-designed closet is my dream date, to say the least!!

i only wanted to throw in a word of caution about storing your scarves boutique-style...i'd be concerned about color transfer between scarves.....would you plan to separate them somehow with white felt or something?? otherwise, i might go with the trouser-hanging idea instead...especially with the humidity, i'd be very concerned about bleeding.

have FUN with this!!!

Cedarwood is relatively affordable compare to Black Walnut, you can have solid Cedarwood or you can choose whatever wood you want and have it lined with cedar, so there are 2 ways to do it.

We ordered a couple of chests from URL below, to give you an idea of the color of the wood. You can have the bottom of your closet made out of cedar wood if you don't want to deal with cedar lining.
http://www.chestworks.com/prod01.htm

I'm not fond of MDF, plywood is better and stronger, it is often used on the sides of cabinets. Plywood has its uses, the thin strips of wood span many times to make it stronger and bind together in opposing grains which is why you will often see it on the back and sides of cabinets. Solid wood is always wonderful but as it goes in 1 direction aka grain, it is not as strong as plywood. But as we love solid wood, most are done in solid wood with the exception of supportive sections. So your wardrobe sides and back should be plywood. The bottom can be cedar if you don't want lining.

Ok, MrsS, 1 more URL for you to read, so you know what to expect for your drawers et al, hehe ...

http://www.kitchenplace.com/closeup.html

1 other point you need to be aware of with real wood is that your cabinet maker must have experience with wood matching, otherwise it looks iffish, when the grain of the wood doesn't flow or the color variation between them is way off.

I havent completely figured this out yet, MrsS, you are a bit ahead of me on your timeline. But I do know that at the very minimum you need to keep the air moving, so even a small fan will help tremendously, even if you cannot arrange a whole AC unit. And you might be able to organize a very small unit~~~my friend used parts from a tiny boat refridgerator for her pantry, and it was perfect. But which parts??? :confused1:

In my imagination, I have screened backs on my drawers, to keep that mustiness out. Truthfully the only way I avoid now it is using plastic storage boxes and drawers, but I really dont want that for my dream closet. Lets keep in touch on this, OK!

CobaltBlu, This is an area that I need help with. There will be no window where the wardrobe is going to be. What must I install in there? As for air-conditioning, I need to be innovative and figure out how to get the bedroom's air-conditioning into the room! I think I will be installing a ceiling cassette aircon unit.

After looking at all the dedicated spaces with all the wonderful ladies' suggestions, I am not sure if I will have space left for more scarves! :sweatdrop:

probably a steamer not a good idea to use in the closet, but maybe to store it there unless you have another place for it. Also...a staging area is good, either a mannequin in your size, or a few hooks so that you can lay out outfits and accessorize them in a realistic way.

Thank you, lisa. You're very generous in sharing your thoughts on the few things. What particularly caught my attention was the anti-tarnishing felt. Is this sold as a full piece and you cut to size, or is it custom made into a jewellery tray?

If you ask, I'm sure your cabinet designer can get this for you. I have made inquiries about redesigning my closet and the anti-tarnish felt is not a problem. Probably will come custom made into a jewellery tray.

MrsS ~ I Have A Feeling This Is Going To Be One Amazing Closet. You Take So Much Care Into Every Detail!!!:flowers:

Airmess ~ What Great Sites I Bookmarked Them All!!! Thank You So Much!!!!:flowers:

Although a grand idea to put the bags in the display case, my preference is still to have my babies sleep in their sleeper bags and have their beauty sleep. Besides, if I "showcase" my H bags, I think my DH will have a heart attack.
MrsS, I am not sure if you've seen a TV program about this Indonesian Taitai. She has a room designed as a walk in wardrobe, similar to a boutique with those accessories displayed in a clear counter top and all her Hermes bags (a lot of exotics!!!) 'showcased' just like the store. :wtf:

BTW, I bought some of these similar acrylic organisers from Muji to keep my accessories. They're not like flexible inserts though.
acryclic_jewelry_tray_blue_lg.jpg

MrsS, I am not sure if you've seen a TV program about this Indonesian Taitai. She has a room designed as a walk in wardrobe, similar to a boutique with those accessories displayed in a clear counter top and all her Hermes bags (a lot of exotics!!!) 'showcased' just like the store. :wtf:

BTW, I bought some of these similar acrylic organisers from Muji to keep my accessories. They're not like flexible inserts though.
acryclic_jewelry_tray_blue_lg.jpg

Queenie, I didn't watch that show, but gigi mentioned it to me before.

You know what, my heart is beating very very fast, seeing the acrylic insert. Goes to show I have not checked Muji! Shall do so on Friday before lunch!

Did you buy the inserts first and custom make the drawers to fit these inserts? It looks like there are 2 tiers! :wlae:

I'm keeping my options open at this stage, everyone. So do keep your suggestions flowing.

I emailed my jeweller and asked him to recommend me to his velvet tray supplier. I am now waiting for his supplier's reply whether he is willing to custom make the velvet trays for me. I'll be elated if he says yes!

MrsS : You have tons of good suggestions here!

I use a mini-dehumidifier and that is turned on 24/7. But I am dealing with the muskiness right now :sad: I am soo going to look into cedar wood ... good luck and have fun!! (do before and after pictures!! )