Help needed choosing right size, lot of modelling pictures

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello

I now have saved a little money and are ready to make my next purchese, hopefully before the price rises (if it do).

I need a black bag. I would like the bayswaterstyle, plain and elegant.
    But which size is right for me?? Bays, East-west of maby Ledbury??

I took those pictures today of my bays and east west, and wonder if you please could look at them and be really honest and say which size fits me best.

I am small, only 1,55 cm, and I am afraid the bayswater will appear very massive in black on me because I am small. I think it looks ok in oak, but I am not sure about black and would appreciate second opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Here comes Bayswatersize:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is east- west size:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Love your bags! Are they both oak? Great patina. I think you should go for the eas-west in black; the ledbury might be too small and the bays too big (as you mentioned). Good luck deciding.

3. Yes they are oak. I am an oak girl :smile:
    But even I need a black bag somedays....

4. How long have you had them then? I want my oak ledbury to develop a patina like that! Just gorgeous :tup:

5. Lovely bags :yes:

The Bays look really good on you and if anything a black Bays would look smaller, not bigger than the oak. So if you're comfortable with the Bays you already have then I say go for the black Bays.

6. #6 Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
    Graciella: Bays is about a year old, and the East- west I bought in June.

If you compare your ledbury to a East-West how much smaller is it?
    I was thinking a black patent ledbury might be the right thing. Elegant and plain but with an edge. What do you think? to small for me?

East- west I have two so another might be to much but you never know. And I really love my Bays, but a big black bag I don't know. I have a Roxanne already. Not same style but at least black......AAArrrrrggggg. I hate desiding. someone tell me what to do.

7. I thought the east west looked great! as did your cats who seemed to be ready to give their opinion!

8. #8 Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
    To be very honest I think the Ledbury is too small for anyone (sorry to graciella and all the Ledbury fans). I just think it looks like a childs bag. The SA in my local Mulberry shop took one out to show me a while ago and though she is a very petite lady, it just looked wrong on her. The same with mini Mabel.

There, I said it. I know I will be hugely unpopular now but that is just my opinion :yes:

9. Yes the cats is always ready to help, and to leave black hair on my white clothes and white hair on my black chlotes. But I love them so much so it doesnt matter. They are my babies. (silly I know but that is just the way it is)

10. I think you should go for a black east west bays as i can understand your reservations about getting a 'big' black bag ie bayswater.

Ledbury may seem a lil small and fiddly since youre used to the classic bays and e/w bays.

Go for a black east west!

Love your fluffy cats!!

11. I'd say the ledbury is quite a lot smaller than the e/w bays, but that might be because the handles are a lot shorter. I love the ledbury, even though it is really tiny. I think you'd better go for the e/w, but if you should decide to get a black ledbury, get the patent (as you suggested) since shiny things always look a bit larger.

Perhaps you should just leave the bays et all and get a different mulberry? How about a small somerset tote? I haven't seen them IRL yet, but they do look pretty on the website.

12. Oh, realised now I made a misstake I meant the printed leather on the ledbury not patent. Sorry.

No different Mullberries. Just love the baysdesigns and that is the bag for me.

13. I need also a small black bag, so I ordered from mulberry.com an E-W Bayswater. But when she came I was really disappointed. She looks a kind of dull and old-fashioned due to this colour IMO, so I sent it back. But black Bayswater and Ledbury look beautiful in black.
    So I'm going for a black Ledbury (patent sounds great!), because I need a small, cute bag to go out (I own already a chocolate Ledbury I'm 165cm).

14. :roflmfao: Each to their own!! Although I do hope I dont look like Im carrying a childs bag :nuts::roflmfao:

Salikons, I think you could rock either a e-w or a full size in black, both sizes look fine on you in the pics :tup:

15. Bays looks like it was made for you, the shape looks perfect on you