Help needed -caring for my mulberrys!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

My darling OH bought me 2 bags yesterday up at Bicester (well he's away for 2 weeks this year - leaving me with 3 children and pg with our 4th!!)
    and I bought some Collonil - never used it with my other bags. But need to know can I use it - or what should I use??

I have an Oak Raisin
    Chocolate Anthony
    Nude Somerset Soft Grain
    Oak Mabel Soft Spongy
    Oak Wallet

All help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks xx

2. Hi Taffygirl, and welcome to the forum!

What bags did you get, and in what leather/colours?

Collonil is quite 'safe', in that it doesn't discolour etc, and there's a few threads on a similar theme, so sure you'll get the answers you need soon....

3. hmmm what did he buy you? tell!!! x

4. Hello
    Welcome to the forum . You brave woman- i sent my DH for the snip after number 3 !!! Anyhow- back to bags.... they should have a carecard with them which details how to care for them. Alternatively in the customer service bit of the mulberry.com website you can look up the leathers/care. I would have thought most of the bags you listed will just need spraying with the collonil waterstop spray to prevent watermarks.

5. Lol flyvetjo!! He's going after this one!

I have sprayed my mabel (oak) and put the nude somerset away in it's dustbag as won't be using it for a few weeks.

I have an oak continental purse, a chocolate antony and a oak (raisin - a/w 08 - i think) oohh and a lovely pair of purple nappa high baywater pumps (still in box too scared to wear) although they have the tan mid level in bicester may require another trip this week!!

I will go online and have a looksie tomorrow at work... just want to keep them lovely for my daughters - my 5 dd already has her eye on the Somerset and shoes lol!!!

6. A couple of useful things to keep Taffygirl are Collinol Soft Gum & the Nubuck Block. You may get a bag or purse with suede/nubuck interior and the block is great for whittling away marks and dirt. Mabels have suedey side pockets that are prone to getting grubby at the corners. The Gum is good for marks that you aren't quite sure of and don't want to start picking with nails or anything sharper.

When you Collinol remember to get right into every nook and cranny. I omly say this through having learned the hard way. Handles are very prone to rain exposure too . Also after Colliniol I use regular Kiwi or the likes for the next few sprays. You can use tons at £2.00ish a tin.