HELP NEEDED: Bal City or Velo?

cjen49

Chanel Bag Addict
Sep 9, 2007
Ladies and gents,

I'm a 5'0" 95lbs mother, and I am looking for a practical Bbag. I currently bought a Bbag Twiggy, and the strap is somewhat long enough to wear crossbody on me. I went to NM in Galleria Houston, and the strap on the velo is kinda long even as a crossbody. I never got the chance to try on the City.

I need your help. Do you think a City would be better than the Velo considering the fact that I'm so short?! What do you think?

I'm not a mom so I don't know which bag is more comfortable while holding baby
But I'm 5'4" on this skinny side and I can wear the strap on my city as a crossbody
Personally I prefer the city over velo. Something about the proportion is better to my eyes

The strap of the velo would be way too long for you. Have you considered the part time? It's a bit larger than the city with a longer strap. You'll find some pictures in the pictures only thread (sticky).

I bought the Velo, thinking that it would be a perfect crossbody bag,since I have a toddler,but I find the strap too long for my 5,1" height.

I just tried the maxi twiggy at the store few days ago, and found the length of the shoulder perfect for me. May be you could consider that?

a city can be worn crossbody for our frames, but it will be a little up tight. the velo's trap is very long for us. so u might want to check out the part time, it is roomy and the length is PERFECT

Yes, with a baby the Velo strap will be too long. When you bend down it will fall forward and to the ground. Definitely something else like the City or the Part Time.

I agree with the other posters in that the strap on the Velo would be way too long on you. I think that you should consider a Part Time, a Maxi Twiggy, or a Pom Pom if you want something you could wear cross body. You are very petite so you may be able to wear a City cross body, but I don't know how comfortable it would be. The other bags I mentioned are bigger than a City, and I think size wise a City might not have the extra space you'll want for baby items.

^^I think the part time is kind of east-west looking on petite ladies. Maybe the maxi twiggy would work for you too. It isn't as elongated as a part time and also has a long enough strap to be worn cross body.

I'm a mom with energetic 3 yo daughter and my height is about the same as you. I think City would be perfect or if you wanna go a bit bigger maybe Part Time would be great too. Good luck on finding the one! :tup: