Help needed 19C - choosing the perfect neutral (first Chanel bag)

Quinni

Mar 26, 2016
Hello dear fellow TPF members,

a couple months ago I posted in a sub-forum for advise and have been actively following and researching the Chanel part of TPF.

I am at a point where I need your advice and hope you can help me with my decision.

Today I went to the Chanel store to check out the new collection hoping to find either a WoC or Boy. My dream combination would have been a WoC or old medium Boy in caviar leather in a neutral (beige, light pink, medium brown or grey) color.
So, I went to the boutique hoping to find one bag I liked and ended up being shown three! In all honesty neither can I nor do I want to buy more than one bag for this spring. This is where I really need your advice and thoughts.

IMG_6609.JPG

A little bit of background information:

1. My current designer bags are all Louis Vuitton - the Speedy B 30 in DE, Neverfull MM in DE as well and the Croisette in Azur.

2. I do not have a WoC at the moment and am also lacking a crossbody bag for all year round. For example going shopping today I lacked a bag to carry my wallet, Phone and keys. It should also work for dinner, going out with the girls, a nice trip with my significant other, running errands...

3. In my free time I love wearing light pink / rose colored or blue clothes, so it should go with these colors.

Which one would you recommend? What should I consider / look out for?
Should I get a different bag for those more casual outings which will fit a bit more than the Boy and get the WoC?

I never thought that I might find both bags in a combination I liked thus my confusion right now. Your support is highly appreciated!

IMG_6621.JPGIMG_6622.JPGIMG_6623.JPGIMG_6624.JPGIMG_6625.JPGIMG_6626.JPG

The darker Boy looks great with your coat and I think you could wear it all 4 seasons-the lighter Boy looks more summery/seasonal. Either way, you totally rock a Boy bag--the WOC is cute, but you can't compare it to the Boys. If it means anything, I think you will have less stress and worry with the darker Boy bag too--I'd be afraid of color transfers with the lighter ones.

Reactions: Quinni and NurseAnn
You can't go wrong with either boy bags. Colors are all neutral & gorgeous. In these photos, the lighter boy bag catches my eyes more maybe because of your dark color outfit. I would ask myself what kind of hardware I prefer. Good luck!!

Reactions: truelvoe and Quinni
Another vote for the Boy. When i saw the pict on the counter, i gravitated towards the lighter/pink boy. However when you tried them on yourself, the darker boy looks much better on you.
But like Lunie mentioned above, do you have a preference of hardware type?

Reactions: Quinni
The boys look so good on you :heart:. The light boy matches your skin tone and it comes out against your black top. But color transfer on those sling boys worry me. So the khaki boy is my definite pick :biggrin:

Reactions: Quinni
I think the light beige old medium looks best on you and I feel like you can coordinate it with different clothing colors. Good luck with your decision as they are all beautiful

Thank you! The light beige is a stunning color and looks even better in real life. I’ll be posing once I have made my decision.

The darker Boy looks great with your coat and I think you could wear it all 4 seasons-the lighter Boy looks more summery/seasonal. Either way, you totally rock a Boy bag--the WOC is cute, but you can't compare it to the Boys. If it means anything, I think you will have less stress and worry with the darker Boy bag too--I'd be afraid of color transfers with the lighter ones.

Thank you @Metalblond - so nice of you! As I live in a all 4 season climate, that’s a very good point you made. Might be a bit more limiting with the lighter Boy.
You’re right that a Boy and WoC cannot be compared. I’ll probably end up owning both bags in the long run as they fill two different needs.
The possible color transfer is actually an aspect I am thinking about (had that happen to my LV Croisette but luckily was able to get it off) because I want to use the bag for many many years to come.