Help need with the Fendi B Bag in the largest size

I am absolutely heartbroken at the moment... I have been eyeing this for the past week and I absolutely love it.
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...<>ast_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=1184932250621

I didn't know SAKS didn't ship out of the US... I could cry. It's such a good price. I was so sure that they did... At times I wish that I knew someone living in the states so that they could send me stuff. :crybaby:

If anyone sees this on a different site please let me know. I'm so sad at the moment... When the message box "SAKS does not ship outside of the US" came up, my heart sank...

^Wow, thanks for that. It's great to see it like that. Good reference to the spy, I like how you chose to show your squirrel. ;)

And I'm 5'6''!!! Perfect. Thanks thanks thanks so much!

That's a pity Rosemary cos I just find this bag so so HOT. Something about it just appeals to me. The medium sized B Bag just never has, but that's my personal preference. It is definitely a statement bag and I love it for that. With the right heels and a B Belt.... OMG, HOT!!!

I actually think the bag is a good size. But I am only saying that cos I like to carry my bags in my hand like in the pic below of the NAP manniquin. I wouldn't put it on my shoulder like Fergie in the pic after. A bag this big will look really huge that high up against anyone in my opinion.

NAPmodel.jpg

largeBBag4.jpg

I have a small collection of B-bags (3) -- two mediums and one large. The large one is by far, my favorite. I wish I had modeling pics to post for you.

I am 5'5", but am in heels almost all the time, which makes me anywhere from 3 to 5 inches taller. Make no mistake, the large BBag will strike everyone as a LARGE bag, but because it's a statement bag and because it's structured, it does not, in the least, look sloppy. Quite the opposite. The BBag ALWAYS makes me look alot more finished and polished than any of my other bags.

To address your Q about the rivets: In my large bag, ALL the rivets that hold the handles to the flaps/bag have popped off at LEAST once. It's quite a common problem, but much more so in the large bag. I've never had that problem with my medium BBags.

In addition, while it has not happened to me, there are problems with the lock mechanism itself on the large bag. If indeed you do carry lots of heavy items in your large BBag, the lock can sometimes break off. Even when I do not carry heavy things in my large BBag, because of the weight and the design, the flap in the front will pull away from the lock and the bag, and create a sort of puckering of the leather right by the lock. This makes the fall of the bag not as desirable and attractive as the medium.

Still, I love my large BBag. I am actually carrying the medium in oak today, but would rather carry my large two-tone BBag. However, because of its many complications, I am saving her for more special occasions than my everyday schlep bag -- I've had to part with her due to repairs (the rivets) twice since getting her and want to avoid another round of that for as long as nec.

Good luck, and enjoy her, if you do end up getting her.

Stop making me like it!! lol. So when are they opening that boutique did you say? It makes so much of a difference to see them in person. With the problems mentioned above I feel like going to Neimans. How tall is Fergie btw?

Wow, thanks so much for the info fatefullotus. That was heaps of info. After reading that I am not sure if I should get it. What bugs me the most about that what you said is how the flap in the front will pull away from the lock and the bag, and creates a sort of puckering of the leather right by the lock which in turn makes the fall of the bag not as desirable and attractive as the medium.

That is what bugs me the most and it would drive me crazy cos with my spy bag for example I am very pedantic about how it is sitting. I always make it look full and the leather has to be sitting perfectly. I think with the large patent B it won't be as much of a problem cos it is stiffer. Now I really don't know... I wish I could actually see the bag before I buy it.

Thanks a bunch for the info though, now I just need to have a good think about it.

Kavnadoo --

Glad to be of help.

If you take a look at the large bbags that you posted -- the calfskin and black patent on one of our members and even the white one from a retailer site -- you'll see what I mean, esp in profile pics. The flap pulls away from the lock and kinda makes the skin pucker right by that area, and makes the flaps look almost like wings sticking out on either side. Like you said, it is less noticeable on Bbags with stiffer leather, but as you can see from the white, it's still a problem.

I see that you've decided to go with a medium - I think you'll find it's a very good choice. And all those yummy colors ... they are just so collect-able!

Good luck with your search!

Thanks fatefullotus, I was wondering why the bag (that green and cream one) looked so weird. Like the flap was pulling away from the main body of the bag. As much as I want the bag, I can't even go to a boutique and check it out so I better not take the risk and potentially waste my money.

Now I'm just contemplating the Gucci Indy in black or a medium B Bag.... Decisions decisions... Thanks again for your help. :smile: