Help! Need to send in a shopping list by today!

Sep 8, 2007
Hi ladies,

I finally have a rare chance of asking my friend who will be travelling to Paris this Thurs to get me my Chanels & I am terribly excited!. I have been waiting for such an opportunity for the longest time & I am determined to get something from there! I know the stocks do run out very quickly. Below is my wishlist, dear expert tpf-ers, what are my probabilty of getting AT LEAST 1of them or should I change some to have a better bet?

1) Beige jumbo caviar flap with shw
2) ANY colour jumbo caviar flap except black & white, with shw
3) ANY colour mini caviar flap with shw except black
4) Half-moon woc (not possible ya?)
5) Reissue 224 (not possible ya?)

Many TIA for your advises!

OP, it seems you already have eyed on the beige jumbo caviar classic flap with SHW. It is number one on your list. It is a good choice since it's a timeless color. You get my vote on this...

Paris stocks seem to be very fickle - I think you need to be in the right place at the right time. Would you friend be willing to visit a few boutiques for you? If not, then maybe you could call the boutiques on Thursday morning Paris time to check if anyone has anything from your wishlist. Printemps and Galleries Lafayette might be worth trying too.

Thanks ladies finally I have some replies! :smile: As my friend is going there for 10days hence I'm not sure which day she will be visiting Chanel for me. Also, I don't want to come across as too demanding & asking her to comb all stores for me etc. Yet at the same time, I'm so desperate in wanting to get at least a bag there! Arghhh!!! I have been reading up & worrying all day about securing the bag that my hubby thinks I'm insane! But I really want to size up this chance + my hubby's paying the bills too! Crossing my fingers real hard this time...

I know (and hate!) that "it's out of my hands" feeling....

Is there a reason the bag *has* to come from Paris? (Tax refund?) I would much prefer to own my UHG bag (and not settle for something lesser) even if it meant going onto a waitlist and paying that little bit extra tax! I love the beige caviar jumbo with SH too, and I think it would be sad if you were to compromise on exactly what you want?

emilym: Cos where I am located (SG) the prices are super high & not many choices of colors available. Eg, the minis only comes in Black. The difference in price for a jumbo is approx cheaper by SGD 1,000!!! Also, my hubby is in a good mood now & is willing to pay for the purchases!

I am not exactly compromising my choices on colours or hardware. Those on the list are really what I want since I am trying to add more colours to my current collection. And since I have no jumbo, hence I don't mind it in any colour, hehe. (I have 12 Chanels currently)

Actually, I have a light beige with shw in E/W already. I love the combi so much hence 1st on my list the beige jumbo. Not sure if it's bit insane to have the same combi in 2 sizes though. But I'm not a ghw person hence I rather stick back to shw. :P

Your list is great. Would you consider a GST ? A bigger bag could be quite pratical.

Good luck ! I hope since the Fashion Week is beeing held right now, Chanel boutiques will not be completly raided.

Oh no, Fashion Week in this week? Bet the stocks will be out even faster. :sad:

I already have a 10C red PST but have little use for it since I am more of a flap & smaller bag person. Hence I will not consider a GST. :smile: I am even half contemplating if the Jumbo is too big for me but I just wanna have one to try out & to add variety to my existing babies. :smile: