help, need to decide on a color??

Ms. P

Jul 26, 2006
I just got this bag in from Piperlime today in eggplant. It's by Olivia Harris. I really love it, but now I'm concerned that maybe I should have ordered it in black instead. Although, I lead a very casual lifestyle and usually don't carry black bags. My main concern in that the eggplant will be out of style by next fall. Any thoughts?? I really trust you professional bag buyers...

I actually like the eggplant color :smile:. It's a rather dark purple so it can still go with a lot of things and I don't think it will go out of style because it's a pretty classic shape. And, if it looks good, why not?

Oh, I like them both! The eggplant will pick up your spirits through the winter, though, more than the black. And as others have said, the eggplant will likely prove more versatile than you expect -- that's been my experience with that colour.

The eggplant is simply gorgeous, and I'm sure you will love it more and more as you wear it!
Anyone can have a black bag, but this color makes that particular bag look sooooo much more special! :heart:
I'd be more concerned about buying a pricey bag in a color like orange or greeen, to be honest...

Eggplant is not a color thats a fad. Its a great color to carry you through the Fall and Winter months and more interesting than just Black. I definitely think this bag is cuter in the Eggplant than in Black.

I ditto everyone else's comments....
The eggplant is a gorgeous color and is really a neutral. A subtle pop of color always makes an outfit!

IMO - it's the color that makes the bag!