Help! Need opinion on which bag to buy next!

Stina Lee

May 24, 2010
Help! I am hoping to beat this rumored price increase and want to make my next purchase this week.

I am torn between two completely different style bags: Eva clutch in Damier Ebene or a Mono Speedy 30.

I currently have a mono speedy 25 (which I got in '05 and it has seen better days as I wore her EVERYDAY up until 2 years ago- dark patina, frayed piping on the top interior lining, no idea how that happened as I am super careful with my bags) and a DE Neverful MM, which I just got for Christmas.

I think I am leaning more towards the eva but keep finding myself searching and looking at the speedy 30....I love the classics and told myself I am no longer going to buy "trendy" bags and stick with what I love...is the Eva a classic that I will use for years and years?

what to do, what to to do....

Personally, I love my Eva clutch and consider it a "classic" bag vs "trendy"...you can wear it 3 ways and goes with both casual and dressy clothes so it's super versatile!

Perhaps get the Eva now and the Speedy 30 later on?

I think that both are classics...Speedy more so, but the Eva is definitely a bag that I can see myself using for many years. I think the difference between these two bags depends on your lifestyle and what you will use the most.

I WOULD say speedy 30 b/c I just got one in monogram. But, here's the thing: its SUPER easy to find a preloved speedy 30 (not damier though, in good condition), but super HARD to find a preloved Eva. I'd get the Eva and shop for the speedy in a good preloved website.

Get the one that you will get more use of, based on your current lifestyle. Eva's a lovely bag for going out, dinners, functions and so forth. If that's the kind of bag lacking in your collection now, get it first. You can always get speedy 30 later since you have other handheld everyday bags.

Thanks, Ladies. I think I am going to put my speedy 25 up for sale and get both; the Eva in the LV boutique and then search for a great speedy 30 in the second hand market. The ones I have been seeing are REALLY pre-loved but I'll keeping my eyes open for one with a light patina. If you see one under 500, please PM me! If I spend more than that, I'd probably rather have brand new.

I love my Eva! As someone allready mentioned, it's VERY versatile :smile: It can be worn casually, as a clutch , on your shoulder.. You name it :smile: You'll be happy with your choice! ;)

I have a Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene and an Eva in the same print here is my take on these bags:

Speedy 30 - this is a great bag! She is one of my favorites and great for daily use!

Eva - Also a great bag and while I can't use her everyday, I just haul around too many big items, whenever I am traveling or going to a dressy event or just have running around to do and need to be hands free she is who I take. The three strap opitions make her super versatile. I took her to Disneyland when I went with my hubby a few years ago and she was the PERFECT travel bag, hands free and so pretty! Plus I carry less with me when traveling, well on my person daily that is.

So what it always comes down to is personal preference, But I would suggest Speedy now as I consider her more of an everyday use type bag and Eva I only use sometimes. HTH and can't wait to see whatever you choose!

EDIT: Also both is good :smile:

IMO, speedy is the bag for classic look, while eva is more trendy and up to date kind of look...besides, eva can only fit few stuffs, unlike speedy which can carry any daily things you need