Help! Need info on this vintage Burberry bag

gorussellgo

Nov 25, 2007
Hi there - I'm new to this forum so thanks in advance for helping me out!

I'm looking for more info on this BURBERRY bag that my sister is letting go - she bought it a long time ago in Hong Kong...

Can anyone tell me the following:
a) does this have a name?
b) is it collectible? I'm thinking it is because this was when Burberry was still "Burberrys" with the "S" - see picture

c) what is the name of the pattern?
d) anything else??

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_8472a.jpg
    IMG_8472a.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 5,875
  • IMG_8471a.jpg
    IMG_8471a.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 5,136
Thanks Addy! Here are all the pix , let me know if the quality's not good enough. There are no tags that came with the bag.

The inside label has a bit of discoloration on it, may well be because of the humidity in Hong Kong since my sister only used this bag once.

Attachments

• IMG_8488a.jpg
    IMG_8488a.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 5,084
  • IMG_8492b.jpg
    IMG_8492b.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3,826
  • IMG_8472a.jpg
    IMG_8472a.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,880
  • IMG_8471a.jpg
    IMG_8471a.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 3,754
Alas my camera is not doing its job on the close-ups. I've asked my BF for his camera and will upload better close-ups of the interior tag and exterior patch in a couple of hours. The gold interior tag says, in 3 rows, "Burberrys London Made In Italy."

OK - here are better pictures with close-ups of the interior and exterior tags and hardware:

Thanks Everyone for taking a look at the pictures in this thread to help me get some info on this handbag!

Attachments

• IMG_4141a.jpg
    IMG_4141a.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3,806
  • IMG_4140a.jpg
    IMG_4140a.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3,807
  • PICT0010a.jpg
    PICT0010a.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 3,791
The interior tag and exterior patch, zipper pulls, rivets, and leather look off to me

Give me a bit and I'll see if I can post some pics for you to compare...

this purse isnt real doll. at first glance i thought it was real cuz my ventage burberry has alot of the same features yours has. the raider is the same. the leather emblem on it. except my burberry plaid is perfect. it looks the same through out the purse. the only thing that made me doubt the purse was the fact that i says "burberrys" insted of burberry. but I was told that the vintage purses have an "s" on the end and its only later did burberry decided to drop the "s"