Help!! Need housebreaking advice for my English Bulldog Bobba-Lou!! :(

Purse-Ooooh

My Sweet Bobba-Lou!
Feb 5, 2007
JERSEY BABY!
Bob has been housebroken for a long time with the exception of pillows. For some reason, if there is a pillow on the floor, Bob will pee on it which is why I cannot get him a dog bed. (I think it has something to do with his low hanging fruit, wink, wink) A few months ago, my daughter was sitting on the couch and lifted Bob up there to play with him. She then went upstairs and Bob couldn’t get down. He peed on the couch L Well, I thought this would be an isolated incident, so, didn’t really worry much about it. About a week went by and we came home from the store and Bob had jumped up on the couch (I didn’t even know his little legs would get him up there) and peed on it again!! UGH!!!!! I had to strip cushions and wash everything which is a major pain in the ***. So, I have since covered it with a waterproof sheet and another sheet, just to be on the safe side. In addition to that, whenever we leave the house, we lift up the couch cushions so Bob can’t get up on the couch. Sunday, I went out for an hour. Since Bob could not get up on the couch, he jumped on my freakin’ chair and peed on that!!! WTF?!?!?! He does not pee in the house at all. WTH is this about and how do I break him of this nasty habit if he won’t attempt to do it when we are home?!?! HELP!!!!!

Cindi

My baby, Bellis
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
PA USA
You can try double sided tape on chairs and couch when you leave. Trust me cats/dogs do not care for stepping on it. LOL Good luck! Oh and definitely get him fixed if he isn't already.

dorcast

O.G.
Jan 1, 2006
I have no advice, but have been wondering how my friend Bobba-lou was doing!

Did you see the article about bulldogs in the NYTimes a couple of weeks ago? Depressing, but interesting.

Purse-Ooooh

My Sweet Bobba-Lou!
Feb 5, 2007
JERSEY BABY!
I have no advice, but have been wondering how my friend Bobba-lou was doing!

Did you see the article about bulldogs in the NYTimes a couple of weeks ago? Depressing, but interesting.
No, but, I'll have to see if I can find it. Bobba-Lou is doing great! He just went for his shots yesterday, and is a whopping 57.2# Need to slow down on the treats :lol: His legs are great.