HELP! Need expert opinion on VIOLET!!!

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
Hello ladies,

I'm hoping some of you more seasoned H ladies out there can help me out with this massive dilemma I have been having...

Earlier this year I purchased a Violet Lizard Bearn wallet from Nancy @ Kaleidoplace. It's lined in what I always thought was Violet Chevre.
http://kaleidoplace.com/en/accessories/376-hermes-bearn-wallet.html

A few months after that, I purchased a Bastia coin purse from the Dallas Hermes boutique, and was told it was Violet chevre, and the receipt also says Violet.

However, in seeing them side by side (the inner chevre lining of my wallet and the bastia coin purse), the two colors are NOT similar whatsoever. The lining of my wallet is more vibrant and "purple", while the Bastia is darker and has browner undertones.

In your opinion, which is the TRUE VIOLET chevre color??? And how can they be so different? Was I sold one item incorrectly labeled? Could the Bastia be a different color? Have the dye lots changed over the years??

Thank you so much for your thoughts and opinions.

***Pics were taken outside in natural sunlight, some a bit more cloudy than others, and I think pretty accurate representations of the items***
Violet Lizard Bearn wallet inner lining:
attachment.php

Bastia + inner lining, cloudy:
attachment.php

sunny:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 914
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 933
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 913
  • v4.jpg
    v4.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 905
  • v5.jpg
    v5.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 919
Both colors are great but I love the lining color of your bern and would think this would be violet

thank you beachtime! i just LOVE the inner lining of the wallet also, and am really hoping this is true violet.

The bastia looks like raisin to me in these pics.

oohhhh thanks for your opinion mistikat! raisin is what i always wondered it was also! could it just have been mislabeled and hence sold to me as violet?

My Tarmac passport cover is violet chèvre, and it looks most like your Bastia. The wallet seems to have violet stitching but a different color lining, although it could just be the lighting.

Your bastia looks like my violet chevre bearn! Not helping am I?

The inside of my birkin is violet chevre. Hope this helps :smile:

blackviolet002-1.jpg

blackviolet001-1.jpg

My Tarmac passport cover is violet chèvre, and it looks most like your Bastia. The wallet seems to have violet stitching but a different color lining, although it could just be the lighting.

I agree that the stitching looks identical to the Bastia, while the lining of the Bearn is a different purple shade from the two

I have a Violet Carmen & it looks like this. ^^

Thank you so much for the feedback bags to die for, livethelake, ouija board and lolakitten... consensus seems that the Bastia may be the Violet chevre... does anyone have an idea what color the inner lining of my Bearn could be? I really LOVE this shade of purple...

This agenda was purchased from the Atlanta boutique a couple years ago ... it's violet Chevre. The Bastia looks more like violet to me. The lining of the Bearn does not at all look like violet to me.

The first picture is without flash; the 2nd one is with flash:

violet.jpg

bowl3.jpg

The Bastia is violet chevre. Violet lizard is a different shade of purple from violet chevre. H will match the lining of the violet lizard to the shade closest possible to the outside. Hence, it is not the same as the Bastia. Nor could it be a colour available as the outer. It is also likely the chevre skin used for the lining and the Bastia are different.

If you prefer the shade of purple inside the Bearn wallet, you may want to consider Parme chevre.

This agenda was purchased from the Atlanta boutique a couple years ago ... it's violet Chevre. The Bastia looks more like violet to me. The lining of the Bearn does not at all look like violet to me.

The first picture is without flash; the 2nd one is with flash:

violet.jpg

bowl3.jpg

thanks kallie girl! what a beautiful rainbow of H colors you have there! it looks more like my bastia... :yes:

The Bastia is violet chevre. Violet lizard is a different shade of purple from violet chevre. H will match the lining of the violet lizard to the shade closest possible to the outside. Hence, it is not the same as the Bastia. Nor could it be a colour available as the outer. It is also likely the chevre skin used for the lining and the Bastia are different.

If you prefer the shade of purple inside the Bearn wallet, you may want to consider Parme chevre.

oh thank you, that makes sense ms piggy! off to hunt for pics of parme... :broom: