HELP! NEED BAG RECOMMENDATIONS! $500-1000 budget.

shop322

Feb 22, 2010
Hello everyone, I'm very new to the site so please bear with me. I'm in search for pro bag buyers/deal hunters that can help me with a purchase for my sister. She is 40yrs old and has never had a "nice" bag. I say "nice" as in anything that would cost $500-1000. She's always wanted a Chloe Paddington to give you an idea but recently got over it for the fact that it is a bit old styled but mainly for the reason of the heavy lock. She is also not a fan of bags branded all over as some Coach, LV, and Gucci bags are.

She was considering this bag but it sold out.
http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/han...houlder-bag---/20017/&posCol=&posRow=&page=-1

Second choice
http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/details?productId=20032

I think there should be nicer bags out there than these in my opinion for the price. But I personally do not carry costly bags either so I could really use the help here. If anyone can recommend any beautiful bags for me on the budget of 500-$1000 that she can use for a long time, as this is her first. I would really love to buy an item on sale or bargain rather than retail as well considering it is holiday season. I know everyones styles and personal tastes are different but I really don't even know where to begin to look and we all know how it just seems endless online shopping.

So please post links of bags for me! I would really appreciate any recommendations and help. TIA!!!!

I also need a nice enough wallet for her husband, $100-150. Thank you for reading!

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
Please give us more info other than a budget - we need to know style, material, color... And what about for the husband? What does he like?

There is more to finding a bag or wallet than the amount of money spent.

Cait

only once you live
Dec 11, 2005
You might be able to find some Paddington's at discount in online consignment stores, Overstock.com type stores. If she's not sure about the Paddington, what about some of Chloe's other bags? An Edith perhaps?

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
NYC
I want to recommend a name brand but I can't believe it the name escapes me. Looking at what you posted, this designer makes bags that fit your wish list. Someone please help! It's two designer names and the leather bags have cut out flowers on them, some with intricate designs and they are moderately priced and good quality.

As far as a nice wallet goes, I would run to Cole Haan now. You can probably find a nice leather wallet on sale there at this time. Good luck!

Iwantaspybag

Aug 16, 2011
Secret location
The bags that interested her are REALLY UNIQUE. You may not like them, but if she selected the same bag in 2 different colors, I don't think you can ignore that.

Bags are very very personal. To find something that makes her heart skip is pretty near impossible if you are going on your taste not hers.

The website you linked to sells used bags that have been previously rented. Those are the most popular bags because they are the one want to rent. You can get some amazing discounts there.

You might try Bonanza which also many used bags or new ones at a discount. Sort the bag based on price and then go to the price range you are interested in. See what you like.

There are lots of threads about must have bags, wish list, etc. If you just look through the last 5 pages of the forum you can find some of those thread without having it get the perfect words in the search. You can see what bags are repeatedly named. Then you can use google images and search for those bags to see what they look like.

You might select several and print pictures without prices and get her feedback on them like you were going to buy it for yourself. You would have a better chance of getting some she would like.

Good luck.

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
NYC
I want to recommend a name brand but I can't believe it the name escapes me. Looking at what you posted, this designer makes bags that fit your wish list. Someone please help! It's two designer names and the leather bags have cut out flowers on them, some with intricate designs and they are moderately priced and good quality.

As far as a nice wallet goes, I would run to Cole Haan now. You can probably find a nice leather wallet on sale there at this time. Good luck!
Ok. The name of the designer came to me. "Lockheart". I bellieve there is a thread here, actually several, on this designer and it is in line with the pics you have downloaded. If the pics that you've downloaded are her taste, I think she will appreciate this designer's line of bags.

Happy shopping!

Omaha_2072

Back At Square One
Aug 1, 2008
Good ole' Midwest
The bags that you referenced actually made me think immediately of the Valentino style.

Also, Miu Miu offers unique bags in the overall structure/style that you referenced as well.

Although I don't know much about men's wallets, im fairly certain that Coach offers several leather options within your price range.

Good luck!