Help! Need advice on letting go of one of these boy bags!

Julierose

New York City
O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
Hey guys!

I need your opinion! I am trying to downsize my Chanel collection, and make room for bags I will truly wear. I have a lot of bags that have been sitting in my closet and I feel like it's a shame and waste of money.

I took a look at what I have, and I have a lot of black bags. In particular, I have two black boy bags. One is a small black quilted caviar boy with aged gold hardware. The second boy bag is the old medium sized chevron caviar bag with frosted gold hardware. When I first saw this Chevron bag, I fell in love with it. I still love it! But, I have never used it. I love the frosted gold hardware, and the look of it, but I am wondering if it's redundant to keep since I already have the small black boy bag as well?

I use the small black boy bag all the time! I love the aged gold hardware. Maybe the chevron bag with the frosted hardware is a little too fancy looking, or dressy for me for every day, and that's why I don't wear it as much.

I have been really wanting a black Trendy CC bag for a long, long time. I am thinking since I already have a black boy bag, it makes sense to sell the chevron and get the trendy cc instead.

I just welcome your thoughts if having these two bags seems redundant and if it makes sense to sell one and get another style I will use more? Anyone else go through these dilemmas of hanging onto bags because they are pretty but you don't use them?

My thanks in advance!!! PHOTOS below!!!

xoxo

Julie

IMG_6936.jpeg IMG_6940.jpeg IMG_6941.jpeg IMG_6936.jpeg IMG_6935.jpeg IMG_6941.jpeg IMG_6931.jpeg

Keep the one which you see yourself using more. Personally Not into mini bags because I tend to bring a lot. My large/maxi Boy bag is my fave because it holds a lot!
you're right, I need to keep whatever I see myself using more! I also tend to carry a lot of things, but I have many other large bags for that, the small boy is great for errands, going out to eat etc, so I don't mind it! Thank you!!

Are you not using the chevron boy because it’s too big for you?

Without reading that you’ve never used the chevron boy I would say keep that one but because you’ve never used it you should sell and get what you’ll use.

Reactions: Julierose
Personally, I prefer the smaller size and diamond quilted. Not rly a fan of the chevron pattern myself (that's just me). I like the aged gold hw more as well. Since you never use the chevron old medium, I would sell it to fund another bag you want to get. Good luck deciding! ;)

Are you not using the chevron boy because it’s too big for you?

Without reading that you’ve never used the chevron boy I would say keep that one but because you’ve never used it you should sell and get what you’ll use.
Thank you so much, that's what I am thinking about.... it's a shame, I have had it for 2 years, it's brand new with the tags attached, I just never used it and I don't know why. Gonna thank about it more, but I agree it's worth selling if I am not going to reach for it. Thanks again!

Personally, I prefer the smaller size and diamond quilted. Not rly a fan of the chevron pattern myself (that's just me). I like the aged gold hw more as well. Since you never use the chevron old medium, I would sell it to fund another bag you want to get. Good luck deciding! ;)
Thank you so much! I also really love the small size on the boy, and I love the aged hardware. Even my husband commented that he loved the aged hardware more than the frosted hardware and he usually doesn't pay attention to my bags LOL I think I am going to sell it and maybe get a Trendy instead, I have been lusting after that bag for so long, I think I will get more use out of it! Thank you!

We're bag twins on the small Boy, so I would definitely recommend selling the old Medium Boy!

Maybe get your chevron fix elsewhere, like the Trendy or Coco Handle. I got my chevron fix on a mini rectangular classic flap, so that could also be another option.

The small boy in quilted caviar should be from 14B if I am not mistaken. Definitely keep this one. 14B caviar boys have the most classic rigid caviar that are deemed as the most sought after caviar boys ( along with the rainbow hardware boys ):coolio: Chanel has stopped making boys in such nice caviar after 14B.

+1 on selling what you don’t use. I’ve never regretted it, even for the bags I thought were so beautiful and hunted down for months. Medium boy looks great on some frames but I find it overwhelming compared to the small!

The small boy in quilted caviar should be from 14B if I am not mistaken. Definitely keep this one. 14B caviar boys have the most classic rigid caviar that are deemed as the most sought after caviar boys ( along with the rainbow hardware boys ):coolio: Chanel has stopped making boys in such nice caviar after 14B.

Yes thank you so much, I agree that this particular boy is gorgeous! I will have to find the tag and I will tell you for sure if it's 14B, if I remember correctly, I got it in 2014 I believe! I love the small size, even thought it doesn't fit as much, I love the shape of it in this combo. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, you echoed my thoughts about this! :heart::heart::heart: (I have the rainbow hardware boy too :heart:)

I will say you're right about the caviar, while the chevron caviar boy is stunning, the caviar is very very hard and almost plasticky in a sense? I mean don't get me wrong, it's really beautiful, but I find the whole look of it overwhelming to me, you're right!

Reactions: snowing may