Help! Need advice on a black LV shoulder bag

Jun 18, 2012
I need your advice and input on the perfect LV bag for me. I have never bought LV before so I really appreciate your opinions.

I'm looking for a structured, black leather shoulder bag that can transition from day to date night. It must have silver hardware and an (optional?) shoulder strap but a hand carry option is good. I would love little bit of*style but the bag must be classic enough to have staying power. No obvious logos or branding - a quiet name engraving or name plate is ok. *Medium size: approx*25cm x 21cm x 12cm or 10"x8"x5" give or take would be nice.

I love the sac de jour and would have purchased it but I'm worried about the reports of heavy weight. So I'm looking at other brands and saw a few beauties in LV. So far I've seen the Lockme and Cluny on line and think they are lovely options. Are there other bags I should consider? Can anyone tell me about the quality of these two (or other suggested) bags? I'm careful with my bags but won't be able to baby this one. It has to have excellent quality because I'll use it 3-4 times a week and I want it to last for years to come.

Thanks for your input!!! 😊😊😊😊 Please share pictures or links where possible.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 262
When you said classic and staying power, the bags that hopped to the front of my mind are the Noe and the Alma. To be very honest, the Cluny in black epi reminds me of a doctor's bag.

My first choice would be Alma PM in Epi Noir or Epi Electric, and a very close second would be Cluny in Noir. I think these bags are gorgeous, sophisticated and timeless. They are functional and versatile in that they can be dressed up or down.

Thanks everyone for the comments! I love the Alma but think it looks best arm carried. And this bag will be most often shoulder carried.

Given that, are there other LV bags you would suggest?

Have you considered the capucines BB? They are understated with beautiful leather and are within the dimensions you shared above. It can be hand carried or with the strap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 212
LockMe II meets your requirements and price point, it's attractive considering the leather and comparing with others in the same range.

Cluny, in the Epi range is sturdy but to feel the luxurious leather, I would go for LockMe II.