HELP! need advice about purchasing classic flap

m.sou

Feb 12, 2008
i've been desperately looking for a black with silver hardware classic flap for awhile and i came across two auctions

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320405648839&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320405935424&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

they both have the exact same pictures, one seller has more than the other. i've contacted both of them in regards to their pictures. the seller from the UK did message back and said those are their pictures and were going to report the other sellers listing. i asked for additional photos and these were sent

chanel%202.55%20silver3.jpg

New%20Chanel%206.jpg

New%20Chanel%207.jpg

New%20Chanel%2017.jpg

i asked them to sent me a photo of the receipt as well but seller refused, saying that they have provided me with everything. the receipt in the listing looks like it says it is from bergdorf goodman, i find it slightly hard to believe the UK seller really got it from there. the UK seller is not being as helpful as i thought they should be. also, the last picture sent looks like it was taken from their other listing for the same bag with gold hardware

i really don't know what to believe and what to do in this situation. sorry for the long post, just wanted to see what you TPF'ers think! :smile:

If you are not feeling right about this, as clearly are stolen pictures (who knows from whom to begin with!), why bother?, flaps pop up on ebay all the time, save yourself a headache.

there is a post recently about fake chanels and the same seller.
As i remember that the photos are the same (or nearly) as the ones on those listings.

Anyone to confirm?

on looking at the US auction, the price seems a whole lot more realistic than the UK listing, also, each of the listings that the UK seller has seems to have a slightly "forced" question , like they were meant to be there, IDK...

^i thought the same thing as well!

i guess i will leave this auction. there are many flaps on ebay but mostly in gold hardware..i will keep searching for silver!

thanks guys!

Run fast the other way, it's the same seller with numerous ebay ids (possibly hijacked)- who duped many buyers here. He will try to lure you to pay via wire.

The second one seems to be different and could be legit. I would ask for pictures that prove the item is in the seller's possession (taken with today's paper and such)

Save yourself the headache and don't purchase from either of them. It's better not to get screwed on such a hefty purchase. If I were you, I'd be extra careful and preferably buy from a seller who has watermarked their photos because there are so many sketchy people who will eagerly sell a fake or steal photos just to get their hands on money.

I have recorded the following:

rioroo (also see item #320383719121)

janette8036

claire*1617 #270410241117

pawseyltd #260438157524 #260438160759 (#260456742242 Tote listed 2 Aug 09)

All the above seem to have the same scammer behind them, as posted in the eBay subforum.

scylla

I just reported one of Rioroo's listings today too!!!

This seller scams sellers by sending out a fake bag and stealing pictures of the real ones...I was reading in one of the posts that the buyer got an empty envelope!

I have seen a few auctions from UK sellers that seem somewhat shady (super cheap LV items)...wonder why the UK in particular???