HELP!Nappa lady bow or in crepe de chine??!!

zhou_l

Dec 13, 2009
OHIO
Hi!!!!
I'm newbie here and please help >_<

I bought a pair of lady bow in crepe de chine from barneys last month for my wedding...

http://www.barneys.com/Lady Bow/500516917,default,pd.html

But now I found these nappa lady bow here

http://www.shopsavannahs.com/system/search/product.asp?id=367&m=82&page=1&rnum=1

such a big shock...I really wanted the nappa ones....
but now I can't return the fabric one...

Has anyone shopped with savannah before?? how much will the custom charge for the import duty???

Thank you!!!!!!

mishybelle

More shoes, please!
O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I actually like the crepe de chine. It looks more delicate and wedding-appropriate. But with the napa ones, they can be your workhorse and you'll be able to wear them more often after your wedding.

I think I read somewhere else there is a $50-60 shipping charge. Not sure if that includes customs or IS customs. Good luck!

jeNYC

O.G.
Jan 20, 2010
Hi, i actually placed my first order from shopsavannah today. i paid through paypal (funding through checking account) so they dun have to charge me the international fee on my credit card. i also had to pay $59 for shipping but i cannot find my shoes in the US and the total of the pair actually came out cheaper if i had bought it in the US instead. they ship through DHl and i call DHL...they said they will charge taxes and duties but it will be based on the price, materials and the location of where its shipping from (for me, i told them the shoes were satin/leather, from london (another website) and about $600. therefore they said the duties and taxes will be 10.5 % of the shoes. also DHL will charge an additonal $5 for paying ur taxes in advance.

zhou_l

Dec 13, 2009
OHIO
Hi, i actually placed my first order from shopsavannah today. i paid through paypal (funding through checking account) so they dun have to charge me the international fee on my credit card. i also had to pay $59 for shipping but i cannot find my shoes in the US and the total of the pair actually came out cheaper if i had bought it in the US instead. they ship through DHl and i call DHL...they said they will charge taxes and duties but it will be based on the price, materials and the location of where its shipping from (for me, i told them the shoes were satin/leather, from london (another website) and about $600. therefore they said the duties and taxes will be 10.5 % of the shoes. also DHL will charge an additonal $5 for paying ur taxes in advance.
Thank you!!!! it helps....guess I'll try asking them about the nappa one!!!

zhou_l

Dec 13, 2009
OHIO
I actually like the crepe de chine. It looks more delicate and wedding-appropriate. But with the napa ones, they can be your workhorse and you'll be able to wear them more often after your wedding.

I think I read somewhere else there is a $50-60 shipping charge. Not sure if that includes customs or IS customs. Good luck!

that's true.. I have been debating on the same thing...I love nappa since it feels really nice and it's easier to wear them afterwards...but crepe de chine is also nice as it fits the dress better...i guess..
got one month left to decide lol!

Thanks a lot !! =)

alyssa08

Aug 11, 2007
WA
the crepe de chine is very beautiful and delicated but WOW! I can see why you want the nappa. they are gorgeous. I agree though that crepe de chine is more wedding appropriate. maybe get the nappy lady bows in a different color? it's a great shoe.