Help! Nail polish remover spill :_(

darlingdiva

Member
Feb 10, 2010
215
0
Dearest tPF members,
please help!!! My heart is broken - a bottle of nail polish remover (Mavala) spilled inside my NF canvas while at mall today. I jumped into my car and drove home like crazy to get some help. It seems like it dries out pretty quickly. The whole bottom of the lining has absorbed it. What am I supposed to do? I am terrified of the possibility of the nail polish corroding the canvas. Please please please tell me what to do :cry:.
 

r15324

Dismembered
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
9,679
20
Acetone will not corrode the canvas, and since it is a volatile compound, it should pretty much evaporate really quickly. However, it is a good solvent for dissolving plastics, so make sure that it didn't touch the outside, PVC coated layer of the canvas. To help diluted it, grab a wet sponge, and rub where it spilled. Use a hairdryer to dry it, and repeat a few times. You should be fine though! Don't worry! :smile:
 
Top