HELP! My white Gucci Canvas is turning pink...why???

smadden67

Aug 19, 2010
I have a Gucci Loves NY boston bag which has the white canvas. I bought it on ebay and have had it authenticated here as well as Saks. I pulled it out of the dustbag today and one whole side of it was pink and its not coming off. Its been stored safely, that's not the problem. Is this a common issue with the white canvas, could the dustbag be staining it (its the light brown dustbag), or should I be concerned its not real? Is there something I can do to prevent this? HELP PLEASE!

There was a small pinkish/purpleish stain near the back bottom corner. I used it for about 2 weeks with no problems. It was in the dustbag for about 3 days and now the whole side is pinkish and the underside of handles seem pink tinted too though that may just be lighting in the room and dirt. Its just 1 side of the bag, no where else.

There was a small pinkish/purpleish stain near the back bottom corner. I used it for about 2 weeks with no problems. It was in the dustbag for about 3 days and now the whole side is pinkish and the underside of handles seem pink tinted too though that may just be lighting in the room and dirt. Its just 1 side of the bag, no where else.

It sounds like the stain bled up the side of the bag, perhaps aided by humidity. Certainly its not the dust bag or the stain would be brown. I would have Gucci clean it, it will cost but at least your heart won't be broken.

If you insist on DIY did you see the thread about Magic eraser? The poster said it got indigo dye transfer off her canvas bag.

While I can't offer any advice on what caused the stain, I'll second papertiger's advice of using a Magic Eraser to try to get the stain out. I had a smaller stain on one of my LE Boston's and it came right out. Just be careful & gentle with the scrubbing, it can erase too much on certain materials.

I never tried the Magic Eraser but I have used Eeze Out on my Burberry canvas tote (the canvas is more porous than the gg plus) for jean stains and it worked too.

Thank you all for your help. I have used the magic erase sponges in the past on an another white GG plus bag and yes they are terrific but unfortunately have not worked on this. And just FYI when using the magic eraser sponge be careful not to get it on a section of your bag that has a dark color cuz it will rub the color off.

Back to the pink stain problem, this really doesn't appear to be a stain like something got on it. It really seems like the bag is changing color. I wonder if perhaps original owner got inside of bag wet and its a bleed from the lining? But the lining is blue. Anyhoo, ya'll don't think its an authenticity issue though right???

Maybe you can post pics up so we can try to evaluate the stain?

I'm sure it's not an authenticity issue, especially if the girls here said it was real. Like you said, I think it's something the previous owner spilled inside the bag.

It would be such a shame to have a LE bag ruined by that. I love the Gucci:heart:NY bags! If anything you can always take it to Gucci to have it repaired for a small fee.

Can anyone tell me where I would send it for repair and do you have to have an original receipt to do that? Cuz I don't have a receipt cuz I bought it on ebay. I have heard of a lot of complaints of people sending their bags in to gucci for repairs and it taking a year or more to get it back. I don't really see how they could fix this though but I might try cuz I'm thinking of selling it soon anyway. It doesn't look as good in person as it does in pictures and I don't care for it as much as I thought I did from pictures. The colors look darker in pictures and it would be a much cuter bag if they were actually darker.

I never tried the Magic Eraser but I have used Eeze Out on my Burberry canvas tote (the canvas is more porous than the gg plus) for jean stains and it worked too.

Hi! I have jean stains on my Burberry canvas too and can't get them out with anything... I tried to do a Google search for Eeze Out and can't seem to find this cleaner/solution...

Can anyone please help... Thank's!