HELP! My Speedy is dieing! What do I do?

I'm super upset about whats been happening to my speedy. I purchased it from Saks in Boston about 2 1/2 years ago. I use it every day but I'm incredibly careful with it. What I've been noticing though lately is that the corners (all 4! 2 pictured below) are starting to crack and show the red. And it's been getting worse! then a few weeks ago I noticed that canvas by the zipper was cracking and showing the red too! I'm so devastated- this bag is like my baby and it's falling apart :sad: I was wondering if any of you had any tips about what I should do to stop these cracks from getting worse and how to cover the red. Of course I brought it to LV in two different places and they said they can't do anything.
wl380.jpg

6edz6c.jpg

cp99l.jpg

Please help!
xo

Last edited:
Wow, I'm so sorry about your bag. It looks like it's just "normal" wear and tear because there has been A LOT of rubbing in those areas. You can tell by how the ebene print has worn and shows the black underneath. Maybe you should consider getting a mono bag instead. It won't show the wear as much because it's brown lining and the monogram is spread out enough so that excessive rubbing won't affect the pattern as much like the Damier line.

ITA ^. Your bag shows more wear than you realize in those corners. Placing them on hard or abrasive surfaces will rub the corners and will eventually rub through the DE canvas. Maybe an all leather bag would be a better option?

I'm sorry about your bag :hugs:

Unfortunately it's true, once there's a damage on the canvas that's it! apparently they can't/won't repair the canvas!
W/ that being said, it's sucks that the canvas fell apart w/in just 2 yrs of use! the oldest bag I have is still very much intact and I did not even baby it what so ever! Hearing stories like this seriously makes me SMH :nogood:

Hope you can find a solution to patch it! GL

Yes- my next bag will definitely be all leather. I'm just not sure what to do about this in the meantime! Is there any way at all to stop it from getting worse?

It makes me sad to see the photos too... because I believe you when you say you babied the bag... not knowing that your coat has been rubbing on it while you carry it on your arm.

I would suggest to try and carry it in your hand instead of letting it rub up against you. So sad.... I know my beloved Trevi is starting to show some canvas fading too...

OK, I just thought of this but could be a bad advise so pls. use your own judgement. I just thought to share my idea...
If that's my bag and since LV won't repair, I would use a super glue for canvas (if there is such thing) to hopefully stop the spreading of the cracks. Then use Meltonian to blend the colors in.
There is a thread about meltonian product...ok found the link:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/damier-ebene-issues-702928.html

Again, This is something I might do if that's my bag. It's not an advise in any ways, just sharing my idea.

You know its funny because I have mono and DE items and my DE NF is on its way to doing this. I use my mono speedy almost daily and I beat the heck out it and it still looks perfect. I really think it is a DE thing. I have looked at other threads similar to yours and they are always DE NF or Speedys. I asked my SA if it can be repaired on my NF which is not showing red and she said yes so I am wondering if they can repair the speedy? I would go see and LV store.

P.S. Did you use a base shaper? I have noticed that a lot of people that have used base shapers get a lot of wear in these areas corners because the pressure points normally when you brush up or scoot your bag around it squishes in without a shaper but when you have a base shaper it basically makes the canvas take the brunt of all scuffs, bumps scrapes if that makes sense.

You know its funny because I have mono and DE items and my DE NF is on its way to doing this. I use my mono speedy almost daily and I beat the heck out it and it still looks perfect. I really think it is a DE thing. I have looked at other threads similar to yours and they are always DE NF or Speedys. I asked my SA if it can be repaired on my NF which is not showing red and she said yes so I am wondering if they can repair the speedy? I would go see and LV store.

P.S. Did you use a base shaper? I have noticed that a lot of people that have used base shapers get a lot of wear in these areas corners because the pressure points normally when you brush up or scoot your bag around it squishes in without a shaper but when you have a base shaper it basically makes the canvas take the brunt of all scuffs, bumps scrapes if that makes sense.

they told you you could get it fixed? where was the store that said that? I'm just curious- i'm going to the ny headquarters tomorrow so we'll see what they say. Maybe i'll get lucky! I never used a base shaper- what you're saying makes sense though! I appreciate all the feedback! xo