HELP! My Speedy is dieing! What do I do?

Hi everybody! I wanted to update you all with my bag. I got my bag fixed at Fordham Leather Repair in New York. Here are the pictures below. What do you think? I think it looks good but maybe just a little weird. I'm curious about all of your opinions. I'm not crazy about the patchwork they used to fix the middle slit but I can live with it. The biggest pain though was that it was 240 dollars to get it fixed and it took a month- much more than I expected but at least its fixed right?

2iuouxl.jpg

23mmpj.jpg

25711k4.jpg
Thank you for considerately sharing your Speedy story with us! This is good to know for those of us who already own LV products as well as for those who are thinking about shelling out a ton of money for CANVAS that will not be repaired by LV should it crack.

Also, the patches look good. Much better than having rips in your bag.

I'm super upset about whats been happening to my speedy. I purchased it from Saks in Boston about 2 1/2 years ago. I use it every day but I'm incredibly careful with it. What I've been noticing though lately is that the corners (all 4! 2 pictured below) are starting to crack and show the red. And it's been getting worse! then a few weeks ago I noticed that canvas by the zipper was cracking and showing the red too! I'm so devastated- this bag is like my baby and it's falling apart :sad: I was wondering if any of you had any tips about what I should do to stop these cracks from getting worse and how to cover the red. Of course I brought it to LV in two different places and they said they can't do anything.

Please help!
xo

Oh no, after seeing your pictures I got super scared... the piping of the corners of my Speedy DE B is quite peeled, but ok thats wear and tear and one day if is too much I can change it with LV... but... I just noticed today that the canvas around the corners... is starting to become plain brown color... so not anymore the drawing... is still lets say almost not noticeable... but I am scare that it goes toward this...

cause now I would have opportunity to sell it... I bought this bag thinking that it will last for many years and now sadly it seems it wont happen... and is only 7 months old

the worst is that LV doesn't repair any canvas.... for the price of the bag is like... come on!

Thank you for considerately sharing your Speedy story with us! This is good to know for those of us who already own LV products as well as for those who are thinking about shelling out a ton of money for CANVAS that will not be repaired by LV should it crack.

Also, the patches look good. Much better than having rips in your bag.
Oh my, doesn't she look great now. I can't understand why LV didn't want to put leather patches on...

I wondered when I first saw this post what you could possibly do. Wow! I love the patches and I thought the idea above to add your initials on the round patch is a great one. You now have a one of a kind. Shame it wore so quickly, but what a smart solution.

You mean dying?

The bag is 2 1/2 years old. LV is not meant to last a lifetime. After all, it's just fabric with leather straps. Cheer up, maybe you can convince yourself that now is the time to buy a newer & better bag. :biggrin:

You mean dying?

The bag is 2 1/2 years old. LV is not meant to last a lifetime. After all, it's just fabric with leather straps. Cheer up, maybe you can convince yourself that now is the time to buy a newer & better bag. :biggrin:
Why be so mean???? OP has had her bag fixed ... This thread is old anyway.
Not everyone is in a position to just rush out & replace!
This bag may have had sentimental value to her.