HELP! My RM is falling apart...

chelleart

chelleart
O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
Hi all,

I'm a very new Rebecca Minkoff fan and bought my first bag (Matinee in black with blue suede) a few weeks ago from Rok & Lola.

When I got the bag, I noticed that there was a slight scratch/tear in the leather, about two centimeters long. :s Since I got it on final sale from Rok & Lola, they really didn't offer me much except a refund. I got it for a really great price, so I didn't want a refund anyway. I was planning on getting it repaired next week.

Then today, the hardware started falling apart! :wtf: One of the rivets, right underneath the handle fell off. Good thing I found the piece, but I don't know what happened to the backing. I think it may have fallen in the lining.

Here are some pics of my bag:
http://chelleart.net/images/matinee.JPG
http://chelleart.net/images/matineeprob1.JPG
http://chelleart.net/images/matineeprob2.JPG

Help! What should I do? :shrugs: Do you think RM would send me the hardware, so I can get my Matinee fixed?

I really love RM handbags, but my first experience hasn't been so great, so now my faith is starting to falter... Have any of you experienced this problem before?

Thanks! I appreciate all your input!

Unless the damages were disclosed in advance of sale you should contact Rok & Lola.

If they refuse to help I don't know what recourse you may have -- perhaps others here do, but I would find a good cobbler and see what they think. A good cobbler should be able to fix it up, at least the hardware.

Sad to hear this -- it really worries me that damaged bags may be sold deceptively. Calling it "final sale" doesn't mean that all parties understand that the bag is "as is." ALL damage must be disclosed.

I feel so bad, because I converted you and your experience has been bad so far. You should email Catalina. She works with Rebecca and is usually the "go-to" person. Her email address is [email protected] . She's really helpful. I hope that this gets resolved. We can also let Rebecca know when we see her at the sample sale.

oh gosh, this is terrible. I would def go back to Rok & Lola and have them exchange it. this is strange b/c I just posted my thread about my Matinee with a scratch/scruff marks last night. I am a new RM fan as well and i just hope all this will get resolved somehow...

Personally, I dont think this is a reflection of Rebecca Minkoff, but a reflection of Rok and Lola. Rok and Lola sent you out a bag that was noticeably imperfect, and that bag obviously had other issues with it at well; perhaps due to prior usage. I am sure RM will accommodate you and help you to get the rivet fixed but I am more concerned with Rok and Lola in this transaction. If it were me, I would contact them, send them your pics and demand a refund because you deserve that.:tup:

On a side note, all of my RM bags are still in immaculate and perfect condition after all this time. I am sorry your bag is imperfect but please know that overall, RM bags are of outstanding quality.:yes:

I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and advice. I also wanted to say that while I feel disgruntled about the condition of my Matinee, I don’t want to give Rok & Lola a bad name. My complaint is really about the hardware, and not the scratch, which is hardly noticeable. To bag lovers like us, we would notice something like that, because we want to keep our bags pristine – but the untrained eye can barely see it.

Rok & Lola was very friendly and did offer me a refund, which I declined. They would’ve been happy to do the exchange, but because the bag was from last season, they didn’t think they could find me a replacement.

I’m going to email Catalina today. Wish me luck!

Thanks everyone!

I actually had hardware issues on a MAM I bought a while ago. The back screw on one of the side clasps came off. I hadn't even used it yet! Luckily I found the screw and was able to put it back on. That MAM definitly went back to the store!

desiprinzess, Thank you so much!!!

I emailed Catalina earlier today and haven't gotten a response yet. I hope she advises me to ship the bag to them for repair.

I can't believe Rebecca herself posted a reply in that thread you linked. My faith in RM has returned! -=o)

I've had issues with two of my three RM bags - the stitching on both my evergreen MAM and midnight/pewter Matinee came loose even though I seldom used the bags (like maybe twice a month). I was pretty horrified. Anyway I'm hoping my sole remaining RM (dark grey Matinee) doesn't start acting up.