HELP! My poor Foley + Corrina bag!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
    Okay, I had a small box with food inside in my F+C city tote, when I noticed that it was leaking through the actual bag! Now there is a big spot on the bag and I rubbed cold water on it, but no good has come from it. What should/ can I do?! Im in NYC, is there a special leather person that could help me?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please help!!

2. Perhaps it will dry off? Sorry I have no advice for you. I have a F&C city clutch and it's been rained on and the water never left stains. It is a black one though. What kind of food was inside the bag?

3. Is that oil?

4. I'm pretty sure it dried out now, but the dark spot is still there. In the box was only like chicken and rice. I don't even know if that was what caused it, but how I found it was I had the bag in my hand, when I sat down and noticed the big spot, and I took the box of food out immediately. That spot is also only on that side, not the other

Bumping to see if anyone can help!!!

5. If the stain is on the inside as well as the outside, it's probably from the food that was inside the bag. If the food was oily, it's probably oil... If it is oil, water won't help it. There are lots of threads/posts here about attempting to remove stains from bags and also about places that specialize in this kind of thing.

If you do send your bag to a professional, you may want to tell them exactly what kind of stain they're dealing with so that they can treat it most appropriately, good luck.

6. Try Superior Leather or Modern leather...They may be able to help or direct you. They refurbish leather and are great w/designer items.
    HTH and Good Luck!:hugs:

7. I don't have any advice, but I am sorry to hear this. That is why I never put food in my bag.:hugs:

8. Have you checked with Barb at LMB? I know they do wonders refurbishing some leather bags...maybe send her pictures and see if they can help??

9. Ouch, sorry to hear this. Hope you'll find a solution soon :hugs:

10. I heard this place is prety good at cleaning leathers http://hallak.com/# not sure how expensive it is tho

11. That really is unfortunate, sorry to hear! You might want to try using a leather conditioner like Obenauf's Leather Care. I bought a bottle at a local shoe shop and it has done wonders on keeping my leather items looking like new. I think they also have a cleaner although I have just use the conditioner.

12. Thank everyone! I am seriously starting to think it wasn't food. There is nothing on the inside of the bag at all, only the outside. When I spoke to my mom earlier (since I got pretty bent out of shape about this) she told me not to worry about it and when she is up here in a week or two we'll figure out where to take it/what to do. She said at this point it doesn't really matter if we take it somewhere now or in a couple of weeks.

Nope, but who is this? Do they have a page or something?

13. Nope, but who is this? Do they have a page or something?[/QUOTE]

Yes...Lovin My Bags website is http://www.lovinmybags.com/
    I agree that Barb will likely be able to help you...I have dealt with her before and she's amazing :smile:
    Sorry about your bag- you also might want to try to absorb the oil with cornstarch...
    Best of luck!