Help! My new denim baggy's vachetta is FRAYING!!!

from what i can see it is the leather, i think that is somewhat normal...but i can't really tell.

but no reason not to return it if you are unhappy, they charge an arm and a leg for those bags...it should be per-fect!

you should definitely take it back to the store! this is really not acceptable because it hasnt been even a week since you got it. here's hoping everything turns out well :smile:

Thank you sooo much everybody for your kind words and your help! I just woke up but haven't been able to get a good night's sleep thinking about all this....I dreamt that I was debating exchanging her for a pomme bedford and was trying her out but the barrel shape got all wonky underneath my arm....

Anyway, back to topic: most of you are suggesting I take her back into the boutique, which is what I will do, probably tomorrow. I really am heartbroken because I did not expect this to happen, not after only 2 uses! Maybe they can add red glaze/glue to the inner trim to strengthen the leather and stop the fraying, but I dunno how long that's gonna take or whether they'll do it at all.... there's nothing else I really want apart from something pomme (bedford or roxbury, but bedford is very unpractical for a mother)...I will def. keep you posted!

They should be able to put sealant on the edge to keep it from fraying but, since it's so new I would return and fall in love with another bag. Go try on a few other bags. Sometimes I end up with a completely different bag then the one I came for when I look at myself in the mirror with it.