HELP!! My mom wants me to SELL MY KELLY or she'll kick me out!!! :(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry you're dealing with this, your Mom sounds like my Mom. LOL!! Well here's the thing. It doesn't matter if you're affording this by yourself and that you're not in debt, the fact remains that you're living under your Mom's roof. So, as long as you are living under her roof, you have to abide by her rules. That means if she wants you to sell the Kelly, you should. You're 19, you still have plenty of opportunities to get yourself a wonderful H bag! :yes:

As for that bf of yours ... He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, your Mom sounds like my Mom. LOL!! Well here's the thing. It doesn't matter if you're affording this by yourself and that you're not in debt, the fact remains that you're living under your Mom's roof. So, as long as you are living under her roof, you have to abide by her rules. That means if she wants you to sell the Kelly, you should. You're 19, you still have plenty of opportunities to get yourself a wonderful H bag! :yes:
wise words, Kou!

Maybe im nosey, but how the heck are you affording all of this with working a mere 20hrs a week?? especially at a young age like 19.
I agree with elongreach and say examine your priorities, study hard, work your ass off, save the money, buy a house, invest and then spend money on a hermes. Take into account most of the ladies who are ABLE to afford hermes in this forum are professionals and have worked there behinds off to get to where they are today. ...

I work between 20-26 hours a week while i'm in the school semester. On college breaks and summer break, I work full time. I'm a waitress, so the money's good. I work very hard at school and work. You can't say that I don't work hard, or am not able to afford what I get. I bought my own car with my own money and got my own loan for the rest. I make ALL of my paymetns on time. No material items are bought on credit, I only buy food and gas on my credit card.

I have my future planned out, so it's not like I'm dropping out of school to live in my handbag.

If you knew my mother, it's not about her respecting me, she has ALWAYS given me crap about what I buy, because when she was my age she never saved her money. I DO save my money, that's why I can afford everything I have.

-I actually pay my mom rent every month,

-I drive a Mercedes-Benz (which I put $4,800 down, got my own loan, and make my own payments),

-AND I'm in college, while working at least 20 hours a week during school. In the summer, I work full time.

-I also pay my credit card at least 4X over the amount due each month.

-I have my priorities straight. I save my money when I need to, so I don't understand why my mom is getting so upset. :shrugs: (She gets upset over everything to begin with...really emotional :P)

hmmm...u seem pretty "well off" for someone who's only 19. if money seems to not be an issue here, then why worry if ur mom kicks u out of the house? go get urself an apartment then and keep the kelly! i mean....ur mom is ok with u getting a mercedes but not a kelly bag??

As for that bf of yours ... He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Thank you, good advice. :yes: I'll just wait til I move out to get my crazy things lol :heart:

I work between 20-26 hours a week while i'm in the school semester. On college breaks and summer break, I work full time. I'm a waitress, so the money's good.

I'm sorry your mother is giving you grief over your purse :sad: (really, I'm 32 and still don't tell my mother what my purses cost)

but

if you have a Mercedes payment every month couldn't you perhaps downgrade to a car that doesn't need payments and move out? If you're making such good money, why stay in a house where you're not allowed to buy what you want?

hmmm...u seem pretty "well off" for someone who's only 19. if money seems to not be an issue here, then why worry if ur mom kicks u out of the house? go get urself an apartment then and keep the kelly! i mean....ur mom is ok with u getting a mercedes but not a kelly bag??

Thank you....

I wish I could get my own apartment, but the problem is, as long as i'm in school, I get free health insurance through my mom (which is great health insurance BTW, my mom had breast cancer and she only had to pay $50 for the ENTIRE surgeries, radiation, etc.!) My job doesn't have health insurance because it's a tiny restaurant., so I wouldnt have any health if I moved out.

I also get half-off my college tuition because my mom is a professor at the college...so I don't want to move out and lose out on that, either.

AND my car insurance is cheaper because I am under my mom's policy....

so I'm kinda stuck w/ her until after I graduate..:Push:

The Mercedes part, I can't answer lol....she is as in love w/ it as I am.

:confused1: :confused1:
What are you talking about Kelly? Johnny, my driver, is really upset that we are driving something ghetto now. Well, He's also pissed that some scarf-wearing and Levi-clad woman keeps following him around..but that's a different story.

GO BEARS!

Hey!! That sounds like Shop Mom!! Gosh , I'm so sorry you have been reduced to the 600 Mercedes... isn't that what the Pope uses? Listen, get Johnny a big cashmere scarf at H and a new riding crop and he'll be fine;) Oh, and a case of champers:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.