HELP! My Miu Miu needs help

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Ladies,

I just bought a Miu Miu from Milan recently.
    I haven't applied any conditioner or apple garde on it.
    Thought brand new, my new miu miu looks very cracked and the calfskin doesnt even look flattering at all.
    I would like to know if its the same for all the new season miu miu bow bag.
    I am really troubled seeing my miu miu looking so "old"
    And i haven't been using it, only twice thus far.

Please share some tips or insights on why my miu miu bow looks so cracked and unflattering!
    I will appreciate comments and opinions (:
    Thanks ladies.

2. Hey, I am not sure how much I can help as I don't have the bow bag, but i did have the coffer in calfskin, n it was distressed and crackled in appearance just how they are.

Overtime I realized that I like the lambskin look more so I sold it away. ( ok not much as bow doesn't make in lambskin anymore).

Hopefully other tpf-er can help you more. Actually maybe posting some pictures then we could further advice?

3. Yes, post a pic so we can see what you mean. It´s probably just the style of the leather so don´t worry. If you think it looks dry, conditioner might help to wake it up:smile:

I bought a bow recently and some polish and protection spray was perfect. Sometimes bags get dehydrated in the dry air in a store.

4. I think that's kind of the way it's supposed to look. That's how my calfskin ones look, I also think it's a matter of taste, I personally like it but if you aren't happy you can still exchange it.

I also agree with ThingumyPoppy about a protecting spray...sometimes leather gets very dry, I don't know why.

5. Hi Zoesassynuo,

Yes i love lambskin more! but i don't know where to get one :sad:
    And i am not willingly to let go of my bow cause its just so carry-able!
    Yeaps, i will post pictures when i reach home to show you ladies!
    But i am afraid i cannot capture the material properly.

6. Hi Thingumypoppy,

May i know what products you did on your bow? (:
    And is your bow also calfskin?

7. Hi Butterfly,

I should upload pictures to show you guys! its too cracked already! :sad:

8. Yes, it´s a calfskin bow from this season so it should be the same as yours.

Here in the north we have to protection-spray everything; bags, shoes, gloves because of the weather and everybody use the products all the time so almost every shoe- or bagstore has their own different brands. I used Boston RainGard Protector and Boston Shoe Cream, and Springyard Waterproofer this time but I think all products that I used and bought in Sweden are the same. Look for products named leather waterproofer/protection spray for leather, and shoe cream/polish/ conditioner and it should be about the same (at least it is here). Maybe avoid very cheap products, but they´re not very expensive :smile: