Help! My first e-bay selling problem!

TygerKitty

~*~ addicted ~*~
O.G.
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
Alright, so I am new to selling things on ebay... and I put a Coach bag up for sale as BIN/BO. I received a few BO's which I counteroffered except for one which I accepted. Then she emailed me and said she forgot about the shipping cost and if I could deduct it and make her BO as her total price. I said I would take $10 off so her total would only be $5 more than what her BO was (because I need to put insurance on the bag, pay for packing materials, shipping costs, etc!).

I then sent her a new invoice and she said she didn't get it so I sent her ANOTHER invoice. Then this is the email I just received:

"One problem, when I was looking at it today trying to pay for it I saw that it is blue. I thought it was white trim. I didn't read very well. I wanted a white trim one. If I paid for your listing fee for the error will you relist and sell it?? I am so sorry! I just got in a hurry because I have been looking so long for one of these. I normally read and make certain before I bid."

My bag is VERY CLEARLY blue (well, blue trim) and she still hasn't paid. What do I do!? What would you do?!? What are ebay policies in a situation like this!? Do I report item not paid (it has only been three days) or what? HELP! Thanks! :smile:

TheNordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Accessopens to Nordies Insider cardmembers today.
Please support the community andclick here prior to checking out!Don't forget to share your haul in the officialNSALE 2020 thread!

cinshad

Dec 18, 2006
If she wants to pay for the relisting fees, and forget it, I would do it. It seems that she is a problem buyer and just going to give you headaches. Cut your losses, and relist it.

TygerKitty

~*~ addicted ~*~
O.G.
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
Hmmm, thanks cinshad; I am definitely contemplating it.

Also, I thought some more and my listing said blue IN the title line, I used blue font and talked about the color in at least one place on the listing and every picture shows that it is blue. Furthermore, there is a small spot on the bag and I'm thinking she just didn't read the listing completely, bid and won, and now saw the spot? Grr... I made it SO clear by talking about it and circling it in the pictures.

Anyone have more advice?

lmartinx1

♥~♥~tPF~♥~♥
Jun 23, 2007
Mile High State
If she wants to pay for the relisting fees, and forget it, I would do it. It seems that she is a problem buyer and just going to give you headaches. Cut your losses, and relist it.
I would have to agree with this suggestion to. It's not worth the headaches IMO and if she'll pay for relisting, then why not. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

4theluvof-it

Aug 17, 2007
Yep, it can turn ugly really quick, and then she can choose to leave YOU a negative. I would just get the fees and relist it.

Good luck

olallacutie

Feb 24, 2008
Yes, I agree, I have had sellers request this before. They just refuse to read before buying! Just ask her to pay the fees and forget it. You can also request your final value fees back through Ebay. just click on "Report an unpaid item" Click the mutually agree to not do the transaction. If she answers yes to the email, then you will get your final value fee back.

I am sure you will sell it next time. Hopefully, to someone nicer! Good luck!

TygerKitty

~*~ addicted ~*~
O.G.
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
Thanks for all your help everyone! I asked her to accept the mutual withdrawl and also to pay my fees. We will see what happens next!!