HELP!!!! my dry cleaners made the pleats on my plisse scarf soooo loose!

Only thing you can do is send it back to H to have it re-pleated. It'll be about $90

Next time, have H dryclean your plisses for you or go to a H-recommended drycleaner only. Very few professional ckeaners will do a decent job on cleaning the plisse and not loosening the pleats

thanks ladies, i am not even aware that you cannot take a plisse scarf to just any cleaners, i am so bummed, i called my SA and he said that they will have to ship it to paris to be repleated and i will have to wait 6 monts to get it back. should i let my dry cleaners pay for this mess?

thanks ladies, i am not even aware that you cannot take a plisse scarf to just any cleaners, i am so bummed, i called my SA and he said that they will have to ship it to paris to be repleated and i will have to wait 6 monts to get it back. should i let my dry cleaners pay for this mess?

Absolutely! The dry cleaners are very ignorant nowadays. They don't pay too much attention when handling peoples valuable pieces of clothing and it makes me mad! :cursing:

OMG how frustrating.....yes, they should pay. Do you have another you can show them so they know what it is supposed to look like. Did they flatten the hems, too?

If you think about it, the repleating would most likely have to be redone at some point anyway. I was talking to a textile designer about pleated garments/scarves, and she said to avoid them at all costs.

The real negligence seems to be when you dropped it off. Either they can handle something like that or they can't, and someone probably should have called to say it's beyond their scope.

Good luck!

If you think about it, the repleating would most likely have to be redone at some point anyway. I was talking to a textile designer about pleated garments/scarves, and she said to avoid them at all costs.

Obviously, that textile designer never heard of a textile designer, a famous textile designer I might add, by the name of Mariano Fortuny. If pleating is done correctly, it does not have to be redone, and Hermes certainly knows how to pleat correctly.

I do agree, however, that the dry cleaner was negligent, and hopefully, they'll make restitution.

So sorry, bella.

Last edited:
i sent my plisse scarf to my regular dry cleaner and now it looks horrible!
any suggestions?

So sorry to hear that Bella! At least Hermes will be able to fix it if you send it to the. So it's not a total loss. However, I also hope the cleaners will pay for at least part of the "repair job".

Good luck!

Obviously, that textile designer never heard of a textile designer, a famous textile designer I might add, by the name of Mariano Fortuny. If pleating is done correctly, it does not have to be redone, and Hermes certainly knows how to pleat correctly.

I do agree, however, that the dry cleaner was negligent, and hopefully, they'll make restitution.

So sorry, bella.

:idea:Ahhh, so that's how they got the name "Fortuny pleats"... Interesting!