HELP!!!! my dry cleaners made the pleats on my plisse scarf soooo loose!

If you read some of the books about Fortuny, "Couture" I believe mentions them in one section, you find out that they were the exception, not the rule for pleating. Also, VERY expensive at ANY time period and VERY costly to maintain. Hermes, as lovely as they can be, is no Fortuny.

The textile designer I know simply says to avoid pleating on most any fabric, primarily, because it's just a hassle to deal with. And if I owned a Fortuny anything, yes, it would be a hassle to get cleaned as well. I avoid suede for this reason, too.

Obviously, that textile designer never heard of a textile designer, a famous textile designer I might add, by the name of Mariano Fortuny. If pleating is done correctly, it does not have to be redone, and Hermes certainly knows how to pleat correctly.

Last edited:
Bella, so sorry, good luck. I do agree with the fact that the negligence was on the part when you brought it to them. they should have told you it won't "come out the same". I've been told, and warned about items (not H products) that it might get damaged or whatever especially if there was beading on the item of clothing.

It is their responsibility to tell you that it might not come back looking the same so you can decide right then if you want to leave it or not.

They should reimburse you the cost of the drycleaning now and as compensation pay for the repleating that would be my first thought, second would be to definitely get reimbursed for the money they charged you.

Good luck